PDA

View Full Version : which dash speakers?

day
09-05-04, 09:12 PM
im taking my dash out (its a mk1) and thought itd be an idea to stick in some new speakers while i got the chance. what brands are best and what is the biggest size that will fit without too much hassle. they would be running off my 45watt sony xpold headunit without an amp. im not going for the most expensive setup in the world. just something that will sound decent. i have some jvc 6x9s on the shelf aswell. any ideas what would be best for the dash?

epo
09-05-04, 09:56 PM
the size of the ones u want r 10cm dont know what 2 recomend as i have tweeters in mine

Jack
10-05-04, 10:01 AM
You'll be wanting 10cm/4inch speakers. I've just bought some Alpines (SXE-1025S), for ?25 they're pretty good.

epo
11-05-04, 08:56 PM
cant go wrong with alpine, rockford or audiobahn imo

corsaboy
13-05-04, 05:49 PM
at this moment i don't have my installation.
I take out all speakes and amp's

But in my dash i've only 2 JBL's 10cm speakers.
The quality is good and the price is also good :D

Cassie-Nova
13-05-04, 06:00 PM
Day you'll have to let me know how that goes as I have a Mk 1 and need to put in speakers in the dash...well if its fairly easy i want to anyways ;)

did your Mk1 come with a radio casette? As mine came with sod all and am trying to find someone who installed their CD Tuner/spears and did the wiring from scratch!

corsaboy
13-05-04, 06:11 PM
the installation of the speakers is very easy,
but for me it's a lillte bit hard to explain.

i'm from holland and my english is not excelent.
sadly :oops: :oops: :oops:

for the wiring problem.
al new headunits are connected with a ISO Connector.
You have to make this connector to your original wiring.

It's very easy to do.

greetz marcel

Jack
13-05-04, 06:46 PM
did your Mk1 come with a radio casette? As mine came with sod all and am trying to find someone who installed their CD Tuner/spears and did the wiring from scratch!

The radio wiring on my saloon i replaced, so you could say i started from scratch... i ran my own feed off the battery (fused about 4 inches from the battery). Theres an earth point right behind the radio slot on the bulkhead, but if you can't get to that there's a few all round behind the dash (find a brown earth wire and follow it :) ) Speaker wires are straight forward, and can be tucked up under the dash in a variety of places...

epo
13-05-04, 07:56 PM
the installation of the speakers is very easy,
but for me it's a lillte bit hard to explain.

i'm from holland and my english is not excelent.
sadly :oops: :oops: :oops:

for the wiring problem.
al new headunits are connected with a ISO Connector.
You have to make this connector to your original wiring.

It's very easy to do.

greetz marcelu dont sound like gold member do u mate :wink: :lol:

only jokin mate

day
14-05-04, 05:57 PM
ive decided to not bother puttin any speakers in the front dash. i was thinking how good are 2 10cm speakers gonna sound??especially on my shit budget. i may as well save up for a sub and amp. ive filled in the speaker spaces on the dash and am flocking it black! looks good so far ill get some pictures up when finished.
its gonna be u abit of a chunt puttin it all back though :!:

Cassie-Nova the wiring aint that hard, just matchin the correct wires up and im sure a load a ppl can help get that sorted. the worst bit is gettin the steering wheel off (finally found a good way 2 do it after giving up on 2 other novas) , and probly gettin the dash back on... yet to try that...

Nova_Tek
14-05-04, 08:53 PM
I currently got:

10cm
80watt
2 way Sony Xplod's on there

They giv good bass and nice crisp high range. Ok they aint the best of course but for 19 lizzies they do the job well.