PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

ruffcutt86
09-05-04, 07:28 PM
Is it me or are all insurance companies twats im 17 wiv a full licence livin in luton (LU3) lookin 4 insuance. The cheapest quote ive found is wiv www.directline.com which is ?1479 on a 1990 Nova Fling 1.2 3dr ne1 know a decent company i can get insurance from so i can actually mod my car

so1o
09-05-04, 07:37 PM
Im afraid your bollocked (?) just like me and a few others on here. Luton is not the ideal place to get insured in, what im saying is, its going to be high no matter what. For some reason Lutons got a bad reputation :lol: .

The only way you can get it down is become a second driver with one of your parents, or try http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/customer. If you get insured with your parents your no claims wont build up, downer as sooner or later you will want to get insured on your own and possibly buy a more powerful car so insurance will again be high. What you could do is go for the pass plus thingy.

Solo

Mel
09-05-04, 07:49 PM
who have you tried?

*jumps in before Will gets a chance* :lol:

How many points do u have, locked garage? alarm etc..any details would help.

erm, try www.tesco.com they were cheap with me at 17 on a provisional, but it could be cause im female lol..

General Baxter
09-05-04, 08:36 PM
Just been on LV and it says

Your vehicle does not have any performance enhancing modifications

does that mean just things like K&N, nothing to do with bodywork?

epo
09-05-04, 10:17 PM
performance is engine mods like k&n performance cams
no2 ect

Will
09-05-04, 10:25 PM
they wont care abt k&n and zorst its when u start fiddling internals

LV dont charge in general for lowering and the like and if they do its only a 5% loading fee depends who you talk to :lol: :lol: :lol:

LU3 and LU4 are some of the worst postcodes down south im afraid.......

im LU7 and still get stung for it a little!

as for ?1900 that seems abt the going rate for your area and your age im afraid..........

ppl with an ok postcode would still expect to pay ?1200 ish for a similar car harsh but true....

these are the 2 options i would take:

1. do pass plus and try norwich union and see where that gets you

2. go under a parent or relative until your 19 (yes its fronting but i dont know what else to suggest)

paying 3 times the value of the car for insurance is sumthing i know i woulsnt be prepared to do!

Will