PDA

View Full Version : ur opinions

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:06 AM
i was just thinking (yeah i know its scary)

erm...... do u think it pays to ave a performance car for a first car, cos loads of my m8's who ad performance ave all written em off, i know most the time its down to in - experience butr i think generally new/newish drivers cant handle performance cars, even 1.3/ 1.4 sr's.

so just thought i'd post asking ur opinions,

chris

:) u dont ask u dont get!!!!! :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:12 AM
definitely agree, people under 21 should be restricted to low power cars cos they cause accidents and can't handle performance ones. i know ill get slated for saying this, but tough, i have been there, just cos u passed a test does not mean you can drive.

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:19 AM
yep no doubt . nearly everyone crashes their first car and if it an expensive one that goes fast they are wasting money and endangering lives. I certainly aint gonna rip you for that ian your'e spot on.

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:21 AM
i agree ian, peeps under 21 should be restricted to low power cars like wot motorcyclists are!!!!!!! we will both proberly get slated now, but we're right, peeps might say "well it depends on how u drive" yeah true...but..... peeps still cant handle the power,

like u say ian "just cos u passed ur test doesnt mean u can drive" wot a statement!!! like every1 says u learn to drive after u've passed ur test!!!!

:) u dont ask u dont get!!!!! :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:23 AM
I kind of agree now, but I know that when I first passed my test, if someone had said to me, no you can't have a bigger engine than 1.0 then I would've probably kicked off and just got one anyway, which would've meant I would be driving illegally!!!
I know quite a few people over 21 who have powerful cars and they have all at some point crashed the car, simply because they have gone from cars with 1.3 or 1.4 engines to 2.0 or 2.5 V6 engines and they just dont think about the difference in power.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:42 AM
well my first car was my last gsi and i wrote it off the other week. There proved ur point.

>:) D.E.V.I.L. >:)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:50 AM
Ian i only passed my test when i was 22. Does that mean you'd let me loose in a fast car coz i'm sensible (allegedly)?

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!B-)

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:53 AM
well in all honesty they sort of do restrict you dont they by not insuring you on very high powere vehicles. Or ig they do, the insurance is massive.

B-) ok own up, who's nicked my pubes? B-)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:54 AM
one more point.

The person with the highest number of crashes on here (as far as i know) is a bit over 21.

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!B-)

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:56 AM
I'm gonna drive carefully for a few months when i past my test...maybe for abot 3 months til i get used to the car...then i'll think about tuning, going sideways round bends etc...

my 19 year old mate, just passed his test...payed ?1200 for a shitter of a nova GTE, smacked the front end last night when it was pissing it down...he started to skid cos he was showing off booting it round a bend, and he shat his pants and didn't know how to correct the skid...so BOOM...into a 2ft high wall...it's gonna cost him about ?500 to get his car back on the raod...

"told u so" we all cried...he has a lack of common sense and he was a really nervous driver...so we all told him to get a 1.2 or summit..nippy but not too dangerous...but he thought he'd be ace and buy a quick car...how wrong was he...dumb ass

when it's icy or snowing, i'm gonna take my car to a quiet car park...bott it around and get to know how the car reacts and how i can control it...

first car = lead footed warrior

you think your nigel mansell even if you've got a 1.0 peter...

i'm gonna chill, cos the money i'm spending on making it look nice is summit i dont wanna waste by writing the fooker off...

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:12 PM
Itys not just young drivers but inexperienced drivers too, and fenix prob not lol, i've seen your driving!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:55 PM
gotta agree, imagine a 17 year old passing his test and driving a 380 bhp cossie or somet....it would be wrapped round a tree in no time no matter how good the handling and brakes are

Anonymous
04-07-01, 01:34 PM
Definatley got a point here saw a young bloke being taught to drive in a 911 the other day. Imagine getting that for a first car,it would be smashed in to little pieces by the weekend. It doesnt matter what your first car is you'll always drive it like a prick. You've passed a dirving test so it obviously means you can drive, well thats what i thought when i passed.

Anonymous
04-07-01, 02:22 PM
under 100bhp (std form) till you've had ur full licence 3 years
this will allow u to have a nova gsi but not a 16v saxo
100bhp is plenty enough till ur over 20

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
04-07-01, 02:50 PM
LOL

The only time my driving is bad is when i'm in close proximity to Ian, Ste or Rex.

The rest of the time i'm a well behaved citizen.

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
04-07-01, 03:34 PM
still think 100bhp is too much, cos a gte would be too fast for them as well.

Anonymous
04-07-01, 04:01 PM
well you see young drivers are under a high amount of pressure from other boy racers calling there cars slow, so they want the bigger engined cars.

ITS LIKE A LOOP!

Pube Update:
--------------
:( Very Itchy, i hate this hot weather :(
:) hmmmmmm Savlon :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 04:07 PM
Sorry Ian, but I disagree, o.k inexperienced driver = higher potential to crash. Age is not a factor, some people over 21 drive like utter wankers and crash all the time and some people uder 21 drive sensibly and don't crash. Its got nothing to do with age its mentality and experience, it doesn't matter how old you are, its obvious that a 200bhp car is going to be quick, and if you have just passed your test then you are not going to be used to driving, let alone with that much power.

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that age makes no fucking difference, the 2 main factors are experience and mentality/intelligence. Theres no way to restirct people on mentality but experience can be monitored, i.e how long liscence held.

" I think he's trying to watch some illegal channels"
"No thats just the nature show"
"Oh yeah, Spank My Hairy Ass!!"
"Whats that?"
"Ride me, Ride me like a pony !"

Anonymous
04-07-01, 05:17 PM
someone who is 18 does not have the driving experience of someone older because they can't, so by definition a younger driver is the same as an inexperienced driver, all young kids think they can drive better than they do.

also read my next comment where i said its not just young drivers its inexperienced too, also i think youll find the majority of people who posted agreed.

ps how old are you?

Anonymous
04-07-01, 05:22 PM
at the end of the day, it does not really matter, young peeps are gonna have fast cars, and some are gonna have slower more sensible cars. If they did make a law stating 1.6's were the maximum that young drivers could drive, then there would still be a minority saying "1.6 is too hightly powered", as long as we all drive to the best of our ability, and try to obey all the rules i dont see any problem. It dont matter if you have 1.0 engine or 9,000,000,000,000 litre engine, at 30 mph whos gonna notice? (apart from the 9,000,000,000,000 litre powered car would have a big bonnet - lol). You get my point?

cheers

davo

Pube Update:
--------------

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:27 PM
its a good point

not by age but years expearance

imagine summit like ncb for licences so that the less you crash the bigger u go and upgrade to

just a thought

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:28 PM
I sort of agree but do not agree! I think that sometimes slower cars are just as bad as fast cars as you can still get into trouble driving a slow car as people in the slow car will thrash it to keep up with the fast car that has just passed them and then they come to a corner and cannot get round it the same speed as the fast car and BOOM! All because they wanted to keep up with the fast car, also this works both ways as they would probably crash the fast car trying the same! As long as they change it after i am 21 and have had my 2ltr for a year or so! lol

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPP PPPPPPP

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:44 PM
anybody who has seen rex in a 1.2 can bare witness. to the dnager of a 1.2

lol

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:48 PM
lol, rexy beat ians 2.0 in his 1.2, power isny everything.

Pube Update:
--------------

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:50 PM
My first car was a 2.0 76 'tina hehe :D It wasn't standard either...K&N and a perf cam and the zorst didn't look like a standard one.
I had over 120 out of it!

I drove it steady most of the time though, and never crashed. Agh....memories....rear-wheel drive fun...I must get it back on the road one day (still got it in the garage). A cossie engine would fit straight in :D

I was more dangerous in my much-lesser-powered Nova 1.2, 'cos I was always having to thrash it to keep up with peeps, which wasn't an issue in the 'tina. I used to have some fun from the lights....peeps don't expect an old 'tina to be quick ;)

I think generally though, new drivers should be restricted to lesser-powered cars, 'cos it's speed is a major cause of accidents, but of course, you can still do 95 in a 1.2, so you've still got as much chance of killing you're self.

In one respect, and GTE would be safer, 'cos if you took a bend too quick, at least the GTE might be able to take it, whereas a standard 1.0 or 1.2 with skinny tyres and no roll bars, could loose grip and crash. Also, the GTE's got better breaks!

I know my old A-reg 1.2 L was miles safer once I fitted 175-64-14 tyres on my LXi alloys, than it was before on it's 145-13's steelies! When I had a close call in this Nova, it was after I'd fitted to bigger wheels/tyres, and I know for a fact, if I'd been on the old 145's, I would have crashed! The larger wheels/tyres prevented that!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 07:56 PM
well Im happy with my 1.2,for my first car,although Im already getting bored of it as Im used to it,I fancy a go in a GTE,basically I expect it to behave similar to mine,but with better handling and some more performance,sounds like heaven :D

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 08:07 PM
I wholly agree as a shining example. Passed test in my SR and thought I was the dogs bollocks and got out of it for the last time when it was upside down 36 hours later.

So I kept quiet and then saved for a 1400 SR. It pains me to say but we should be restricted but coz we aint I'll be saving for a GTE or similar which I should have in a month or two.

B-) Streakers beware: Your end is in sight B-)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 08:10 PM
Fuck how much BHP it has. Christ, all the idiots that ramp around town centres with max power stickers and give us a bad name dont have big BHP do they?
no, they have a shitty 1.0 fester and drive it like a c*nt coz they dont give a shit about it or anyone else.
its not the car-its the driver.end of story. the car only does what the driver wants to do.

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:00 PM
drove my old man saff cossie at the age of 19 shit my self but good fun but people work backwards. looks good pretty quick rapped around the lampost wish id used me head and got BIGGER BRAKES! FIRST MOD TO MY CAR ASTRA 16V BRAKES SAVED MY ARSE MANY A TIME

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:21 PM
driving realtively high power or quick cars should be done with supervision. ive driven the old mans 620ti (hence wanting one) and he was with me but i still had top prove a point to the twat in a RST. the old man let me and sugested what should be done about the road conditions! also driving LOADS of cars helps the experience notch up.you get to understand what type of car/engine does in differing situations.

PS messing about on ice wont help you learn to perform skid control!! you need a proper skid pan.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
04-07-01, 11:03 PM
When I started we had blokes walkin in front with red flags:(

Def. 1st car restricted to 1.0l. Pass plus is a good idea. I reckon a few lessons around a race track with a pro. would help as well cos at least then you would know where the edge was.I went off into hedges experimenting trying to find the edge.