PDA

View Full Version : ***PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING***

Anonymous
04-07-01, 01:30 AM
**********WARNING**********

Racing 2.0 16V GTE`s may cause serious engine damage!

When I Blew my 1.4 lump I was racing the above mentioned, and tonight I managed to entice one out of the local gathering place, let him boot it past and as he got level I nailed it, immediately pulling bacl level. I then shifted into 3rd and something didnt feel right, but i carried on leaving him for dead. Got to the round about and went to do some engine breaking and realised that I was still accelerating even though I was off of the gas pedal, DOH! Foot went back down on the clutch and the engine screamed off of clock and after a second of "sinking in time" I killed the ignition and coasted to a halt. FECK! Whilst I was popping the Bonnet the bloke pulled over to chat and said "Thats a valver init!" He saw it wasnt but was amazed when I said it was a 1600.

Luckily no damage has been done, just a shed load of oil out of the breather filter which I have already cleaned up, but it was a close thing. It was just the throttle cable getting stuck which I have fixed for now, but I`m gonna get a twin cable linkage soon.

I had already destroyed a 5 turbo that had obviously gone miles out of his way to "teach another little Nova a lesson". He came up flashing lights, weaving around etc, but once he realised he was dropping behind seriously he gave up and turned round tail between legs!

A very eventfull night, has anybody else had similar scary moments or close calls?

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
04-07-01, 07:42 AM
Never mind, you still won the little race though!!!!!!! lol!

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 08:40 AM
Mine done that, i nearly went into a metro!

lmao, choke cable came down, jammed throttle & wham, full throttle on a dual carridge way, i undertook by goin into a parking bay, was fookin close.

At the time, u dont think of just turning it off, u is too busy shouting & swerving.

Just so long as my cam is ok MC ;)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 09:00 AM
For a minute then Mark, I thought we were going to see you reduced to tears. I haven't had anything as serious as that happen to me, but warning...

RACING WITH YOUR MISSUS IN THE CAR MAY CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP - DO'H! :P

Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
04-07-01, 01:29 PM
I heard about that Jim, you want to take action and put her in her place!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
04-07-01, 05:46 PM
Lmao@Jim!!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:10 PM
lol i always get the 'drive carefylly' i just reply u know i won't so i'm not going to lie' lol :-)

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
04-07-01, 06:51 PM
i dont need to worry bout that, one of the advantages of being single i guess!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 07:48 PM
i raced a milk float once in me 1.2, there quick they are, are they turbo'd or something?!?!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:47 PM
:O.............:'>