PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTI

Anonymous
02-07-01, 07:38 PM
If I but a Mk2 Golf Gti am I still allowed on your site? Anyone know of any good VW sites, forums? what do you lot think about them? (ps, this is not an open invitation to abuse!)

Anonymous
02-07-01, 09:04 PM
yes of course you can stay unless you come on and start spouting i got a golf its better than novas like someone else!

nope dont know any golf sites

you really want my opinion? Big heavy tank, a gte will stuff it. mate had one, really bland interior, crap seats(not sporty at all)
looks like very other golf, nothing to distinguish the gti from the others.
(thats the nice version)

let me know when you want some abuse then lol
( a joke davo/ged, b4 u start)

Anonymous
02-07-01, 09:13 PM
woo hoo im not the only one that fancys a MK2 GTi!! yay. i just want one coz it is bigger so i can get my stuff to uni easyer, and it can do motorways a LOT better than a 1.2 nova can. (thats not a diss its the truth!!) :D

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
02-07-01, 09:21 PM
I think M8 that if you try and but a Golf, it will hurt cos they're made properly by Germans who were also particularly good at making tanks as I recall.:D

They were great in their day and the MK1's were the best. Engines go on 4 ever and had the reputation of putting out more power the more mileage they covered. Old ones could always cane new ones. However a bit dated now in the looks and performance depts.

Anonymous
02-07-01, 09:50 PM
i quite like golf's! and trust me golf gti 1.8 8v (k-jetronic) are fast!!!!!!!!! my mates got one, it is quick!!u have to get the older ones though, i was thinking of one but think about it group 14-17 insurence u could get a vectra 2.5 v6 for that insurance grouping, i know there worth a bit more (and crap to work on)

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
03-07-01, 06:24 PM
i am thinking of 1 as well. my PUG(easy with the Abuse) is quick but built out of paper!! I have a nova in the garage b4 u all cane me!! its actually been taken away in about 37mins!! but it will live on coz my mates having the engine!! its was only a 1.2 but it was the quickest 1.2 eva!! I am considering a gsi instead of the golf but well see. But next year i will have another nova with a big/quick engine in it!!

RobDmr@aol.com
Bring it on 2.0 16v

Anonymous
03-07-01, 06:54 PM
I just fancy a change really, it`s four insurance groups higher than the GTE but 40 more bhp so thet should level the performance a bit? I`ts on an E plate bit absolutely imaculate bodywork, I`ll keep you posted, the nova may return!

Anonymous
03-07-01, 08:56 PM
I was considering a astra LXi estate a while back :( but it did have 15" tigra alloys(same as Declan Burkes) and a host of performance parts,setting off the metallic grey,butI dont have a real use for an estate-it was one of the nicest mk2 astra Ive seen for a long time...

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:12 AM
lmao @ Ian...

i hope your not classing me and Davo in the same league...lmao