PDA

View Full Version : K&N bolt on

Nick
08-05-04, 03:45 PM
Gonna go get a K&N bolt on filter for my 1.2 carb. Do they literally just Bolt on !? as the name suggests !?

What do i do with the breather hose that's conected to the air box at the moment !?

Adam
08-05-04, 04:02 PM
Yeah they do bolt on as the name suggests.
The breather hose connects to the K&N, don't leave the breather hose hanging else your car will run proper s**t, like you have a massive air leak.
You have to drill a hole for the breather hose,
then it bolts on.

Snowface
08-05-04, 08:03 PM
The breather hose connects to the K&N, don't leave the breather hose hanging else your car will run proper s**t, like you have a massive air leak.
then it bolts on.

thought your meant to point the breather hose downwards.

Peeps say not to connect it back to air filter cause it only pisses in oily air.

Adam
09-05-04, 06:22 PM
then it bolts on.

thought your meant to point the breather hose downwards.

Peeps say not to connect it back to air filter cause it only p**s in oily air.

The guidance of the Haynes Max Power manual is connect the breather hose. Don't leave it hanging.

Nick
10-05-04, 02:19 PM
erm the guide on novaload and the man at my motorsport shop told me to leave it hanging (the guy at the shop sed get a coke can and mount it in a coke can !, n he knows hsi shit!)

i'l try it out, also i can get hold of a larger main jet for the carb outta a 1.4SR , does this make a considerable difference !?

im guessing it just matches the fuel to the new increase in air flow !?

Ste_Nova
10-05-04, 02:41 PM
mine just points to the floor

it's illigal but who cares!

Jack
10-05-04, 03:40 PM
it's illigal but who cares!

How come?

Nick
10-05-04, 05:19 PM
i can't understand how it makes it ilegal ? all it is is ure engine Breather pipe !?

For some reason i don't have the other smaller pipe ? it's not on my engine ! vacumn pipe or something ?

Is it worth gettin the 1.4SR twin choke carb jet then !? snapped my screwdriver tryin to take the carb apart today, mite go back tomorow if it's worth it

I can feel the difference with jst the filter, car runs much beter ! sounds ace 2

day
10-05-04, 06:11 PM
its illeagal because a load of think oily water comes out of this pipe, and it would end up over the road. id like to know what the stuff is??anyone know??

Adam
10-05-04, 07:08 PM
I can feel the difference with jst the filter, car runs much beter ! sounds ace 2

Is that with the breather hose on or off??

_JH_
10-05-04, 07:18 PM
don't leave the breather hose hanging else your car will run proper s**t, like you have a massive air leak

:lol:

thats what happens when people hand out advice based on what lax power say, not experience. nothing wrong with passing info on, but make it clear to start with its something you read.

DUNOVA.
10-05-04, 07:24 PM
Ive just got a breather filter

Adam
10-05-04, 07:45 PM
don't leave the breather hose hanging else your car will run proper s**t, like you have a massive air leak

:lol:

thats what happens when people hand out advice based on what lax power say, not experience. nothing wrong with passing info on, but make it clear to start with its something you read.

Well i did say it was under the guidance of Max Power book, well now i know that it can be left off. :D
Cheers