PDA

View Full Version : how to fit gte side skirts n rear splitter to mk2 nova flair

johnnynova
07-05-04, 07:35 PM
i got sum toady, wats the bet way to put them on?

cheers
john

benji
07-05-04, 07:59 PM
don't bother with the rear i won't fit a mk2 bumper, the side skirts should have brackets with them which will need riveting on. the back part of the skirt can be glued. get to b+q and get some 'pinkgrip' a plumber i work with used this stuff to hold a boiler on the wall so it will hold your skitrs back

Big Box
07-05-04, 11:05 PM
or u could just bond them on with silicone!!

johnnynova
08-05-04, 03:40 PM
hmm, ive got sum silicon, maybe a plan....

cheers

john.

with the rear bumper, if i get a mk1 bumper will it fit my mk2 nova?

cheers

john

epo
08-05-04, 07:40 PM
hmm, ive got sum silicon, maybe a plan....

cheers

john.

with the rear bumper, if i get a mk1 bumper will it fit my mk2 nova?

cheers

john

i really wudnt trust silicon!!!! ull loose ur skirts
either get the proper clips from vaux
or drill and use self tappers on em i also used double sided tape

Big Box
09-05-04, 12:01 AM
But surely silicone and the odd self tapper is gonna be a lot stronger than double sided tape? Silicone is surprisingly strong stuff when its set properly onto dry surfaces. As for the mk1 bumper, I'm not sure if the spoiler can go onto any mk1 bumper or just the GTE one, but if ur gonna custom fit the sideskirts, why not try bonding/screwing the spoiler to ur existing bumper. The mk1 bumper has a different patern on it so would prob look better that way. I'd offer it up to see how it looks, how easy u can fit it, and decide from there. Post some pics if u do it, I'd be interested to see how it looks!! Good luck! :P

epo
09-05-04, 12:16 PM
yeah with screws silicons fine but not on its own

benji
09-05-04, 01:50 PM
get some pink grip, it's 100x stronger than no more nails. it's in a tube like no more nails and is easy to apply.

stick with the mk2 2 bumper it's loads better