PDA

View Full Version : fitting gte side skirts and rear splitter to mk2 flair 1.2

johnnynova
07-05-04, 03:54 PM
just got sum gte skirts, line them up, looks all good, how do i fix them on? there aint holes in my nova for them to go on...

cheers

john

cooper_nova
07-05-04, 04:02 PM
u cud try tiger seal
:)

Philsutton
07-05-04, 05:27 PM
one of my mates tried to do that do his mk2 golf, tiger sealed on some arches an side skirts, was quite funny as they keep falling off an just looked a mess

cooper_nova
07-05-04, 05:29 PM
one of my mates tried to do that do his mk2 golf, tiger sealed on some arches an side skirts, was quite funny as they keep falling off an just looked a mess

lol quality!
:lol:

Adam
07-05-04, 06:45 PM
Some people try to screw them on with self tappers as well as using some kind of glue. But that involves drilling into your rust-free sill.

johnnynova
07-05-04, 07:12 PM
so how can i do it???

there must be a way!!!

Mel
11-05-04, 10:40 PM
yes, theres a link on www.topbuzz.co.uk i fink..

i done it this way and it takes a LONG time, and needs a lot of patience, strength and enthusiasm.

you need two people, tippex, drill, loads of pivets, the clips and patience.

basically, put the clips on the skirts in the right place, put tippex on the two little bobble bits and fast but accurately push the skirts into place (does take effort and two people). once all the places of the clips are marked, take a clip off the skirts and put the bobbles onto the tippex marks. Then put another mark in place with tippex in each hole. do this alllll the way along BOTH sides (8 altogether on each side lol). once done, drill each hole, making sure that you put rust stopper in the newly drilled rust attracting holes. once all holes are drilled, rivet the clips in (be careful not to break the plastic).

then finally, all there is to do is get some strong double sided sticky tape or glue for the "L" shape, heat up the clip holder/slider thingy on the back of the "L" shape and press on. will take strength cause its a bitch to get on. repeat for the rest of the clips on the long bit (heating either the clips or the back of the skirts) and do it to the other side.

ohh, i forgot. u need screws as well..all the way along the bottom of the sideskirts to screw UP into the sill (also needs drilling, but this can be done AFTER the skirts are on the car), plus the two in the back wheel arch are a pain to get to.

Hope this helps lol

Pics:

With clips on:

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Nova_Mel/Feb07009.jpg

After:

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Nova_Mel/nova1.jpg

[/img]

doge5644_uk
12-05-04, 04:32 PM

OT = i see ur nova on sundays in notts (i think) it looks pretty good for a 5 d00r m8

d0m

epo
13-05-04, 08:08 PM
OT = i see ur nova on sundays in notts (i think) it looks pretty good for a 5 d00r m8

d0m

i love its one of my faveourites

mine r drilled and tapped on + iused double sided tape nevr had a prob with em
xcept i gotta re spray em