PDA

View Full Version : Novaload / RB Shoot out

Mark T
07-05-04, 03:38 PM
Hi there everyone i'm new here (be gentle)!!!

I'm from Roy Bacer (sorry :oops: ) and MIG, and am currently looking to line up a few races with some people in the same catagory as myself, which is 2.0 N/A.

Any takers

Mark

cooper_nova
07-05-04, 03:39 PM
hello mate welcome to nl
:)

TUBZGSXR
07-05-04, 03:57 PM
alo mate an welcome, il giv it a go, i havent got twin 45's but been rollin roaded at 171bhp, on 15's etc.. so if i can make it, still gota convince boss for the day off!! then i will...

Mark T
07-05-04, 04:01 PM
Good man.

Not interested in what ill be running?

It's a sh1tty looking black one by the way!

karl Rowntree
07-05-04, 10:40 PM
I wil race you mongo, oh and i dont have a girly diff :lol: :lol:

Sid
08-05-04, 01:07 AM
Hi Mongo.
Long time no see...

I just came on here after a wee while. Hope u ok.

Sid

peester
08-05-04, 02:43 AM
lol @ the girly diff, nice one karl.

scott.parker
08-05-04, 03:08 AM
I wil race you mongo, oh and i dont have a girly diff :lol: :lol:
fuck me and do you know how fast it is? Taking of the rollers.lol
Well im waiting for my 2ltr 16v to get done mate,hey karl :wink:
PS: karl got my h/h kit today,loads of small bits of steal for ?100 :lol: :D

scott

Mark T
10-05-04, 08:06 AM
Ahhh. Looks like some of you have herd of my Nova. Whats so girly about the diff. Pritty sure my car will corner quicker! lol

I'm just in the middle of a re-build at the moment so hopefully it will be run-in in time!!!

Nice to hear from you Sid long time no speak... When you going to come to Bracknell again?

Stuart
10-05-04, 08:26 AM
Pritty sure my car will corner quicker! lol

that will be well handy at pod ;)

Mark T
10-05-04, 09:50 AM
hahaha very good! I was just trying to state that I used it more for cornering and not for going in a straight line. As this is where I feel that it makes the biggest difference...

nova---chris
10-05-04, 10:33 AM
I might pop along fora challenge mongo.
Ill bring me girly diff along to if shes not washin her hair. :twisted:

Mark T
10-05-04, 10:43 AM
Yeah good man, this should be an interesting race. Should be a close race, as ill be running simmilr power to you by then. What final drive do you have?

nova---chris
10-05-04, 11:09 AM
round one with teeth on it:) :D

Mark T
10-05-04, 11:26 AM
What sort of time are you looking at running? My PB is 14.2 @ 101mph, when running 177Bhp

nova---chris
10-05-04, 11:36 AM
Not got a time set. Only real thing i want to do is run sub 14 which should be possible,

8)

I ran 14.2 last year @ 98mph. But alot has changed since.

Mark T
10-05-04, 12:04 PM
I ran 14.2 last year @ 98mph. But a lot has changed since.

Same here. See you there! :wink:

Jim
10-05-04, 12:36 PM
Mongo, what Nova do you have? Is it a black standard looking SR?

Jim

Mark T
10-05-04, 12:50 PM
Yes mate. The one with the really loud exhaust! You seen it up pod?

Jim
10-05-04, 02:13 PM
No, not seen it at the pod. Did you attend the Milton Keynes Nova meeting at the end of last year?

Jim

Mark T
10-05-04, 03:02 PM
Yes I did mate, it was only just finnished, looks even more scrappy now. lol

karl Rowntree
10-05-04, 05:55 PM
:lol: :lol: Guess i hit a sore sport there mongo! LOL

Mentioned the diff because we where the lads in the mk1 astra you 'wasted' at the pod a few months ago. Just makes me laugh that everyone on mig who praises how much grip they had at the pod has a diff :lol:

Funny i did a 14.8 on the same day with the car running in limp mode!

Will be intresting to see what time my car would do if i had a diff.

Looking forward to the rb/novaload day, you see i will get at 16 second quarter now!

Jim
10-05-04, 06:31 PM
I remember your car mongo. I was one of the organisers of the meeting.

It didn't sound too healthy when you were there, but I may be wrong :|

Look forward to seeing yours (and many other cars) down the strip.

Jim

Austin_Nova16
10-05-04, 10:33 PM
not sure if i'll be able to make it as the car probably wont be running by then. :cry: Will have to wait for PV i guess :evil:

Mark T
11-05-04, 08:11 AM
Mentioned the diff because we where the lads in the mk1 astra you 'wasted' at the pod a few months ago. Just makes me laugh that everyone on mig who praises how much grip they had at the pod has a diff :lol:

Sorry mate I dont think I was one of the people who said that my car wasted you. My mate C20LETMINI (Rich) posted something along those lines, and I followed up by saying that by the 60ft boards he was leading by a second. Half way up the throttle cable broke, which resorted in a 26sec quarter.

Never mind all fun and games eh?

Looking forward to seeing you at pod

Mongo

Mark T
11-05-04, 08:16 AM
I remember your car mongo. I was one of the organisers of the meeting.

It didn't sound too healthy when you were there, but I may be wrong :|

Look forward to seeing yours (and many other cars) down the strip.

Jim

Yeah, I had one of two problems with the ignition timing, but only below 3k, and it went well over that, but when we tuned it out, it was a hell of a lot smoothe but now does'nt feel quite so good around the top end :(

Mark T
11-05-04, 08:17 AM
not sure if i'll be able to make it as the car probably wont be running by then. :cry: Will have to wait for PV i guess :evil:

What have you been doing to yours?

Jim
11-05-04, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I had one of two problems with the ignition timing, but only below 3k, and it went well over that, but when we tuned it out, it was a hell of a lot smoothe but now does'nt feel quite so good around the top end :(

I see. Always the way. You fix one problem, only to be encountered by another, lol.

Jim

Will F
11-05-04, 08:55 AM
I have seen your car Mongo, in its current state at Rich's! I thought awww what a shame, look at that Nova! (with cracked wind screen etc!)

Then realised what was (or wasnt) under the bonnet!!

MASSIVE sleeper!! :lol:

Mark T
11-05-04, 08:56 AM
Dont know which one was worse though!?! At least it seems to have cured any other miss-fires, but just dose'nt feel the same :(

At least its a little more predictable now, before I would be cornering hard with the diff gripping the the power would drop off a bit, which ment I would loose grip, not good.

Mark T
11-05-04, 09:03 AM
I have seen your car Mongo, in its current state at Rich's! I thought awww what a shame, look at that Nova! (with cracked wind screen etc!)

Then realised what was (or wasnt) under the bonnet!!

MASSIVE sleeper!! :lol:

When did you see it.

Will Foy?

Ah. when you picked up the cav... Did you get it home alright in the end???

Yeah it does look like that for a reason, so no to55ers will try and race me, and make the porshe owners look silly with a 1.4 SR :lol:

Had a race with a carrera 4, pulled from him in first and second, missed a gear change, and the he absoloutly wasted me. Think he was shocked though! :lol:

nova---chris
11-05-04, 04:25 PM
gave a ferrari a run for its money a while back! lmao.
witnessed by 2 other novaload members. the look on the blokes face wus priceless.

Hmm was i actually that close to is rear bumper that i cud see him. hnmmm lol :wink:
Mind you he was probably laughing at me as he wasnt out of 1st gear or summat lmao!

Mark T
11-05-04, 04:28 PM
yeah know that one, but I bet his arse was twitching a wee bit though!

karl Rowntree
11-05-04, 06:25 PM
Sorry mate I dont think I was one of the people who said that my car wasted you. My mate C20LETMINI (Rich) posted something along those lines, and I followed up by saying that by the 60ft boards he was leading by a second. Half way up the throttle cable broke, which resorted in a 26sec quarter.

Never mind all fun and games eh?

Looking forward to seeing you at pod

Mongo[/quote]

:lol: Was only pulling your leg mate. Though ed, the owner of the mk1 was pretty rumbled by some of the comments made, fair enough really.

I look forward to seeing how the cars perform on the day.

Karl

nova---chris
11-05-04, 07:31 PM
Got wasted by a mini turbo at york ages ago.
was funny to see it!

Weapons!