Bennovas
07-05-04, 09:41 AM
Try 01279 719 932 and speak to phil. Hope this helps

Ste_Nova
07-05-04, 10:04 AM
phil no longer works there

Ben
07-05-04, 11:18 AM
would be a miracle if anyone ever answers the phone, i tried 5 times when my renewal was due and got stuck on hold until the call was terminated.

Decided if the service was that bad didnt want insurance with them.

mikeoxford
07-05-04, 12:19 PM
ben there quote was double LV anyway :lol:

Will
07-05-04, 01:53 PM
did you do a limited mileage and were you going TPFT etc etc??

mikeoxford
07-05-04, 01:57 PM
did you do a limited mileage and were you going TPFT etc etc??

yep very limited mileage.

he asked loads of questions which i thought hummm this might be a good quote.

asked for details of clubs im in. gave them migweb as you get discount with them

asked about owners clubs etc stuff like that......

n/mind

Will
07-05-04, 02:12 PM
did he give you any gen as to why the quote was so high??

at 19 i insured my 90bhp 1.4SR with 5k limited miles for ?498 with 2 yrs ncb etc etc etc the only difference u have its the power lump but breeny insured his LET for 1k at 20 with 2 yrs ncb and some points and the like...... weird try the other companys i suggested :?

rob_wilkinson
07-05-04, 08:11 PM
i tried hic today and they said they cant give any cheap quotes anymore as they had given loads of young drivers cheap qutoes and they lots had binned there cars costing them loads of money. Also LV told me they couldnt insure me until 21. im 19 and want to insure a 1.6

Mel
07-05-04, 08:18 PM
i will try to say this before aanyone else jumps in..

rob: ring up LV again, everyone says that there's no two same decisions with LV..i.e. that no two people agree on aspects of the insurance..some ppl have had one person say they couldnt quote um on a valver, then they ring back 10 mins later and speak to someone who says "sure, we can quote you"..best ring up again and ask, cause last year i rang up for a quote @ 17 on a gte and got quoted :wink:

frillip
07-05-04, 08:20 PM
see now i think that is rubbish shud have a set level at what their employees know

Will
07-05-04, 08:28 PM
i tried hic today and they said they cant give any cheap quotes anymore as they had given loads of young drivers cheap qutoes and they lots had binned there cars costing them loads of money. Also LV told me they couldnt insure me until 21. im 19 and want to insure a 1.6

that wont be HIC that will be highway increasing there preimums as 90% of the quotes from HIC are highway quotes

insurance in general is rising by the day and TBH its shite

Will
07-05-04, 08:30 PM
see now i think that is rubbish shud have a set level at what their employees know

i agree and for a group 11 car e.g. GTE/GSI i know there policy is 21

so when at 17 they quoted you they were doing so wrongly

LV is a joke, i dont think staff get training its prob like this:

staff member on first day: so what do i do

underwriter: tell them what u want

staff: ok

if staff likes modded cars they will quote on wotever otherwise they wont

pmsl just a guess mind

Gazza14SR
08-05-04, 12:12 AM
Yesterday i got an excellent quote with HIC.

All mods declared:

Was a 1.4, now 1.6GSi
Respray
Alloys
Suspension
ICE
Steering wheel/gearknob
Brake upgrade
Digi dash
Roll cage
Buckets/harnesses
Side skirts
bonnet vent
Smooth boot
delocked

And afew other little bits.

I am 19, with 9 points, no NCB.

I have a years breakdown cover, track day cover and other bits and bobs with the insurance.

Third Party Fire & Theft: ?1011.58.
?192.57 deposit and 10 monthly payments of ?81.90

I was like, ok heres my card details!

Couldnt believe it!

I tired LV 7 times and they all said the same thing: As your registration is coming up a 1.4SR we can not insure you because our system does not recognise a 1.6SR. I said, it not an SR no more though its a GSi. They then just said, sorry our system cant do it. I was like thinking to myself, so how come every other fucker can on novaload!

When i was in the waiting list for HIC, there was this automated voice going on about their company, after about 20 minutes of waiting another voice came on and said, theres approxamately 15 minutes to wait. I went Oh for fuck sake and she went excuse me! I couldnt believe it lol i still thought it was the autamated service going on!

Anyway, seemed to of rambled on enough lol

HIC rocks.

Gaz

mikeoxford
08-05-04, 12:24 AM
i couldnt see them beating my LV quote by much if at all. but when you say you rang yesterday and i phoned today thats ridiculous.

still - if they dont want my business, there problem

Gazza14SR
08-05-04, 12:31 AM
i couldnt see them beating my LV quote by much if at all. but when you say you rang yesterday and i phoned today thats ridiculous.

still - if they dont want my business, there problem

Yep, yesterday at around 5:30.

It is very weird how yours is so expensive, yet your older, have acouple of yrs no claims, and no points!

I wouldnt of thought that the postal code area would make that much difference either!

I also got a reasonable quote from elephant when i phoned them.
Everything as stated in the above post for ?1203.34

Gaz

Will
08-05-04, 09:15 AM
When i was in the waiting list for HIC, there was this automated voice going on about their company, after about 20 minutes of waiting another voice came on and said, theres approxamately 15 minutes to wait.

thats the reason im not renewing, why should i sit on the phone for 30+ mins? it took me 1 hr and 15 mins to swap the policy from my gsi to my 1.2 i only hung on cause i needed to go and collect the bloody car

they still owe me ?40 rebate

they havent sent me a reminder, they can go fuck, will renew will NU on tuesday and then start chasing (from work) my ?40, jokers