PDA

View Full Version : sorry mate i can do tracking on 17"s.....

YellowTurbo
06-05-04, 09:47 AM
what is all that about alot of companies cant do it and if they can they want ?60 that is a bit steap isnt it.

steve-o
06-05-04, 10:40 AM
i reckon its cos if its 4 way tracking, its impossible to get the rear unit over the large wheels, cos of the lack of room

Dave
06-05-04, 11:02 AM
i reckon its cos if its 4 way tracking, its impossible to get the rear unit over the large wheels, cos of the lack of room

spot on!
i had this trouble had to go to a place where they alained it on the floor as the tracking was out

S_Gault
06-05-04, 12:20 PM
yep.. most of the wheel clamps only fit up to 16in.

Because of the fact that i compete in a mini and i do lots of race mini work, i had to make up adaptors to fit 10in wheels.

I now have adaptors to fit 19in wheels as i do some work on a couple of ex touring cars.

Steven

S_Gault
06-05-04, 12:22 PM
but meant to say- If you can get someone whose half way clever and has a set of the old dunlop optical kit, then its not a problem.

Track the front..

run a plumb line around car and then track rear from this and using dunlop gear. That way the rear will be tracking with the front. remember thou when using the gear on the rear wheels that toe in on guage will actually be toe out...

You def dont want toe out rear!!

Steven

Ben
06-05-04, 12:25 PM
That is crazy, a few years ago 16" wheels were classed as small, but with the likes of Mercedes and BMW along with lots of Jap manufacturers fitting 17-19" as standard what the hell is the industry doing not catching up with the demand.

Ste_Nova
06-05-04, 12:30 PM
they can do it.. but the rear arch on the nova prevents access to the top of the wheel and most of the aligners attach to the top of the wheel.... to do mine i put 14" steels on the back and then the aligner would fit

Ste_Nova
06-05-04, 12:31 PM
http://www.agequipment.co.uk/camcast.jpg

Snowface
06-05-04, 06:19 PM
i was going to say why not borrow a pair or set of smaller/bigger wheels just while u get the tracking done.

clawsk
06-05-04, 10:48 PM
Wont the wheel size affect the tracking though???
Cos when i put 14ins on mine for the day it was fucked up! but wen i put the 16's back on was ok???

Aragorn
06-05-04, 11:23 PM
rear alignment is fixed on a nova so fitting 14's on the back to get the alignment thing on would be ok