PDA

View Full Version : Removing electric window motors

Metromartin
06-05-04, 01:42 AM
Hi all,

Need to remove some electric window regulators and motors from a donor 1.2i mk2 Nova but not to sure about this as there rivited on, guess they need to be drilled out which is a pain.
Oh well at least the wires came out very easy :D also what switchs go inbetween the 2 window switchs as theres a double blank, tried a front fog lamp switch and it dont work :(

whats the best way to remove them and then refit to a manual window Nova, will they need to be rerivited or could you use some bolts as I dont have access to a rivit gun

Thanks in advance

Martin

jkhilton
06-05-04, 04:20 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the gap between the window switches was for heated seats or something.

John

mikeyredtop
06-05-04, 08:45 AM
i used a rivit gun... i suppose u could use bolts and nuts i guess...

stiller_uk
06-05-04, 10:42 AM
Just drill the rivets, then fix the window regulator into ur nova with new rivets from vauxhall (about 10p each) u gotta use the vaux ones because there steel pop rivets not aluminium. Aluminium ones will sheer when u put the window up.

The blanks in the middle of the window switchs are for heated seats.

Metromartin
07-05-04, 01:23 AM
Ok thanks,

How much are rivit guns and where can you buy them? machine mart? Hope there not to expensive as I can only see them being used for fitting the E/w, also Are the Central locking motors scred or rivited in as could fit those in the mean time.

Never been a in a Nova GSi but I bet thats nice with the heated seats on a cold winter morning :D

Martin

mikeyredtop
07-05-04, 09:04 AM
central lockin motors are screwed onto a bracket, of which u will need... this is rivited on the door!

Alex
07-05-04, 01:23 PM
the blanking pannel can be prised up to show where 2 heated seat switches go. The switches can be bought from vaux for about ?8 each

mikeoxford
07-05-04, 02:02 PM
the blanking pannel can be prised up to show where 2 heated seat switches go. The switches can be bought from vaux for about ?8 each

no "about" about it :lol: there ?8 each lol.

not sure if its the corrcet part number - but i have a pair in front of me

90 270 515

and they wire up the same as foghlight switches.......

theres a guide on nova-land.com >> how to guides >> interior >> nova-land.com switch wiring guide

or something to that effect anyway

mike

Alex
07-05-04, 03:41 PM
Heated seats are well worth it IMO. I couldnt live without them now

Jim
07-05-04, 05:47 PM

LOL, Pussy :P What are you, a man or an MI5 reject ;)

Jim

mikeoxford
08-05-04, 12:32 AM
i had them all through my first winter of driving..... in a nova its pretty amazing. feels great - no1 believes you either.

stiller_uk
08-05-04, 08:20 AM
U can get a riveting gun from Halfords, about ?12. But dont use the rivets u get with it for ur windows!

Alex
08-05-04, 03:49 PM

LOL, Pussy :P What are you, a man or an MI5 reject ;)

Jim

Ill hold my hands up and say that im a pussy when it comes to heated seats :P

Stuart
08-05-04, 04:11 PM
heated seats make you feel like youve wet yourself.

the ones in the boat will remain off at all times lol

Alex
08-05-04, 04:37 PM
im telling you camb if you even use them once, youll be hooked. They are sooo nice on a cold, wet, winter morning

Stuart
08-05-04, 04:41 PM
i used them in a freeloader (opops freelander) and i felt uncomfortable :s

robb
11-05-04, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Do as the others said and rivet them in,

then put the wiring harness in as it was in the donor car,

there is a space for the positive wire (well was in mine), will plug in no probs,

there also is an earth doing nothing but you need to 'trim' the plug for it to fit,

if not I'm sure you will find power somewhere,

oh I also hid the black box behind passenger kickpanel.

Electric pack is a luxury after manual winders!!

Good luck

robb
11-05-04, 01:44 PM
OOPS

sorry forgot to say the space for wiring is in the fuse box on the far left.

Drop the fuse box down the back to see the colour of wires on back and plug leccy windows into right ones.