PDA

View Full Version : OMG urgent camber problem......

YellowTurbo
05-05-04, 08:02 PM
...i cnaged all my front bushes to poly ones and all bolts and ball joints about two weeks ago now the car feels alot tighter and drives alot better at high speeds.....but....the inside of my tyre have completly worn in the last couple of weeks....what can i do to adjust this asap, i didnt really want to redrill my top mount bolts like i did last time....i see that regal do a camber kit how does this work and is anybode used it before?

need to sort it asap :(

YellowTurbo
05-05-04, 08:15 PM
oh....this is the kit regal sell....

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1218

how exactly do they work?[/url]

Riggy
05-05-04, 08:41 PM
have your tracking checked first mate it maye be out

i went through 2 tyres within a month but sine had it tracked has been fine about 3 month :D

YellowTurbo
05-05-04, 08:48 PM
i do need the tracking doidn....but i can see that i have got some negetive camber that along with the tracking being out proberbly dont help.

YellowTurbo
05-05-04, 08:48 PM
i do need the tracking doing....but i can see that i have got some negetive camber that along with the tracking being out proberbly dont help.

Riggy
05-05-04, 08:52 PM
that curred mine anyway the other way is to elongate your holes at the bottom of your shock , look in the haynes manual it telss you how to do this (well the version i have does anyway)

or try this link to a camber topic from a while ago

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88727

carl

YellowTurbo
05-05-04, 09:40 PM
i am confused now......do i just have the tracking done and see if that solves my problem or do i adjust the camber somehow then get the tracking done?

the car is lowered by 40mm and runs on 17" wheels should i need to adjust the camber?

m.d.
06-05-04, 09:26 AM
do the camber mod then get the tracking done mate.
the camber mod changes your tracking drastically. makes hell of a diference the tyre wear too

S_Gault
06-05-04, 09:35 AM
if the tracking is toe out it will alos torture the inside of the tyre.

Keep camber to about 1 deg negative, set track parallel.

I have 4 wheel alignment gear to do race cars for this purpose as it makes a hell of a difference.

Steven

YellowTurbo
06-05-04, 12:57 PM
if i get the tracking....should it help prevent some of the torque steer i get?

Nick
06-05-04, 05:20 PM
If your driving a Turbo Nova i think the torque steer will never go away, it' may help it slightly.

My dad used to have an AX GTi pushing 140bhp, it used to torque steer like hell because it was so overpowered for it's weight.

S_Gault
07-05-04, 09:50 AM
if the tracking is toe out it will wander a lot.. gives similiar feel to torque steer only its not.

Yes this will improve.

If you want to experince torque steer try my racer car.. Mini with 148bhp, dog box and LSD on slicks. (weighs 541kg!!)

Steven

YellowTurbo
07-05-04, 10:14 AM
i had the tracking done last night, and now it drives perfect.