PDA

View Full Version : Avo Coilovers

YellowTurbo
05-05-04, 06:57 PM
I am thinking of buying a full set of Avo Coilovers second hand they are the old style which can be adjucted all the way around.....i have got 17" wheels would they fit ok? also what are Avo coilovers like?

djp_y2k
05-05-04, 07:26 PM
I have had no problems with mine.

Some people dont like them at all. Im sure they will reply and let u know why.

I cant see why you would have a problem with 17's.

Richyb
05-05-04, 07:32 PM
Ive got fully adjustable evo 2 kit they are sweet. Harsh ride on full setting but the performance is pretty cool

peester
05-05-04, 11:18 PM
but isn't there a problem with coilovers on the back you can't go bigger than 6J wheel? as coilover takes up more space in the rear arch..?
must be me then...

S_Gault
06-05-04, 09:45 AM
Avos are great, i run them all time on racers... also like Leda.

BUT!!! in order to get the best from a coilover setup the car must be setup on corner weight scales.

Ever sit on a chair with one leg shorter than another.. it rocks about a diagonal.. smae thing with a car thats out on the corner wieghts.

Youd be surprised what a difference a 1/4 turn on an adjuster can do to the weight transfer.

Steven

Ste_Nova
06-05-04, 10:15 AM
also the avo's won't go as low as you want.... well they will but u will just fuck them running them that low :lol:

S_Gault
06-05-04, 12:29 PM
if you run them done that low then youve made the basic mistake of buying a damper with the incorrect fitted lengths.

Heres how to do it right-

measure the points between mounts at set ride height, then choose a damper that fits with 60% droop and 40 bump, except at rear where droop can be sacrificed for bump as a good FWD car will give enough weight transfer to lift the wheel anyhow.

Steven