PDA

View Full Version : FAO peeps with digi-dash's

lightweight racer
04-05-04, 08:10 PM
Hello all,

Finally i got my oil pressure sender fitted (thanks Will F) just wondering if something was wrong- my oil pressure sits on one bar (on the dash) when idling, 2 on slight throttle, 3 on half throttle and 4 bars on full throttle (5000-6000 rpm) I didn't think it was ever meant to read full unless something was wrong.

Checked oil (halfway between marks on dipstick) and the filter was changed about a month ago.

The cars a low mileage !.4 SR.

What does your car run in the above conditions, is mine normal or is something wrong (if so what!)

Cheers guys

Lee

Stuart
04-05-04, 09:07 PM
high oil pressure is good, low oil pressure is bad. you seem to have normalish pressure. dont worry.

Gazza14SR
04-05-04, 10:55 PM
My oil pressure reading is constantly at the max notch on the dash.

Stuart
04-05-04, 11:28 PM
you might just have the oil pressure switch then

Will F
05-05-04, 10:43 AM
Glad to hear it works then! 8)
It was off my old engine, so I knew it would!

Sounds like a good reading mate, my guage reads just over a quarter at idle and 3/4 whilst driving.

:wink:

DUNOVA.
05-05-04, 11:39 AM
Mine sits two bars below full on idle and full when im driving is that good or bad ?

lightweight racer
05-05-04, 07:45 PM
Well it sounds like its okay then,

Just thought that it looked a bit high.

Cheers

Lee

scott.parker
05-05-04, 10:14 PM
Think everyone will lynch me after i say this,
Well after a few weeks of noticeing a warning light coming on,but could never see which one,i noticed when conering hard it came on :oops:
i knew then it was oil,alos my gauge was going up and down loads,so whent and got some ASAP,when i checked the level on the dip stick,yeah you know it was empty :roll:
So i stuck loads in strght away and thank god it seams ok,but im not going to stress as the valver will be in soon,but it was stupid of me to let it get to that stage..

scott