PDA

View Full Version : Rev limiter help please. *Quick question*

Snowface
04-05-04, 07:55 PM
can i connect the wire on the rev-limiter, that's meant to go to the -ve on the coil, up to the tachometer (rev-counter wire) or will this not work?

quick reply would be great.

Aragorn
04-05-04, 11:17 PM
yup thats the correct wire

mikeoxford
05-05-04, 02:08 PM
correct wire but as i said in email reply to you - it needs to be connected on the coil kinda thing.

on my ignition system if it was plumbed in before the ignition module that sits under a cylindrical coil, the car wouldnt start

id run a single wire to your coil

job done.

Snowface
05-05-04, 06:50 PM
well i just finished doing it.

Got the unit nicely tucked behind the clock/heater control panel.

I got the ignition live from my stereo wire, earth on the body work (bulkhead behind stereo) and the -ve i got from the Rev counter after all.

shift light i'm going to tempory put in the lighter socket blanking cover, so i can flip down the cover when i wanna.

Works a treat.

Thanks for your help.

mikeoxford
06-05-04, 01:17 AM
nice one.

by sounds of it you have mk1? so i will assume you dont have a ingition module below your cylindrical coil, and you have a sqaure one - thall be why mine didnt work probly

also its your choice - but im not to keen on the mounting of the rev limiter? how can you set it or change it if you cant get to it........?

Snowface
06-05-04, 06:07 PM
nice one.

by sounds of it you have mk1? so i will assume you dont have a ingition module below your cylindrical coil, and you have a sqaure one - thall be why mine didnt work probly

also its your choice - but im not to keen on the mounting of the rev limiter? how can you set it or change it if you cant get to it........?

yeah mk1. And the clock section of the dash (where the 2 center air vents are) unscrews with 2 screws so i can get to it within 1 min to change it.

mikeoxford
06-05-04, 11:47 PM
yeah mk1. And the clock section of the dash (where the 2 center air vents are) unscrews with 2 screws so i can get to it within 1 min to change it.

ah thats cool 8) dont know much about mk1s see.

where u put your light?