PDA

View Full Version : Car shugging!!!!!

Pez14sr
04-05-04, 01:01 PM
Has anybody got any ideas on why my car seems to shug when i put my foot down!!!! my dad reckons it coz the fuel is try to get through to quick but i aint got a clue!!!! its hard to explaine but it just seems to jult along!!!! soz if you dont understand what i mean but it is hard to explain so try your best please!!!!

Cheers!!

Adam
04-05-04, 01:39 PM
Does it seem to clatter/rattle when you put your foot down,
or is it more of a bogging down.
A clattering is "pinking", where the petrol gets burn't too early.
Bogging down is probably over fueling.

Pez14sr
04-05-04, 02:40 PM
i dont really know, but all i can say is that it kind of chuggs as it is going along, soz if it aint ne help!!!

cooper_nova
04-05-04, 03:48 PM
does it sound like its hitting a rev limiter???
if so mine has started to do that, it only happened after i put on my rage back box tho :?

Nick
04-05-04, 10:57 PM
i can get a similar effect by just pulling my choke right out, it makes a chugging and splutter when you try and plant in.

sounds like tooo much fuel. Dunno how to sort that out on a 1.4SR.

Pez14sr
10-05-04, 08:58 AM
It dont really splutter but its more of a jolt forward as if sumone is rammiing me from behind (no unfunny comments pls). Cheers

jon_boy
10-05-04, 11:29 AM
my 1.2 used to do this. is it only when you put your foot down hardish. was apparently the coil breaking up under load. changed the coil and it was fine. might work for you.

Stuart
10-05-04, 11:45 AM
check/change the HT kit, ie leads, plugs, cap and arm.

make sure the ign timing on the dizzy is ok, you'll need a gun or have a garage do this.

basically service it, fully and get the setup checked.