PDA

View Full Version : Speedo on digi dash

xX NoVaBoY Xx
04-05-04, 12:04 AM
well i wired the three wires goin too it the earth the ignition live and the blue and red speedo wire and it worked but showed half the actual speed i was doing then the other day its stopped working look under bonnet and wires have fried anyone help??? i could do with a picture of someone elses transducer wired in position on gearbox if anyone has a pic???

Aragorn
04-05-04, 02:01 PM
what kinda wire did u use?

for the wire to "fry" then u must have a short somewhere or stupidly thin wires on it

xX NoVaBoY Xx
04-05-04, 02:07 PM
the wire i used is about 3mm thick and is good stuff just think i have wired it wrong thats why im needing a picture so i can compare :D

Aragorn
04-05-04, 02:11 PM
how can u wire it wrong?

brown on the sender goes to ground
black goes to an ignition live
blue/red goes directly to the dashboard

Nick
04-05-04, 10:45 PM
If your speed is displaying 1/2 of your actual speed, it sounds like you have connected your OLD NOVA SENDOR wire up to your digidash, make sure your ASTRA GTE SENDOR is providing the signal for the digidash (i'm presuming your car is 1.2i , thus having an ECU) and use the Original NOVA SENDOR to provide the signal for the ECU, otherwise your ECU will think you are going twice as fast as you are, think that's right.... I'm assuming you've got and ECU n injection here

sounds like you are using too thin a wire, i fried wires on my amp because they were tooo thin.

xX NoVaBoY Xx
04-05-04, 10:59 PM
na its a 1.2 carb mate i dont have a clue what problem is ill have a look at weekend