PDA

View Full Version : why oh why

nova neil(swindon)
03-05-04, 10:59 PM
after finaly getting the nova completly sound brakes,bearings, exhaust, trackrod ends it has ben perfect for a week nearly never been beter till today when the head gasket went :(

mikeoxford
03-05-04, 11:02 PM
:lol: shouldnt thrash it so much then.

in all fairness - book yourself a saturday off work (if you work weekends?) you will have it done in an afternoon. easy enough task.

just the hassle of gettin dirty.

nova neil(swindon)
03-05-04, 11:07 PM
i dont thrash it that much i have only had 1 race in 18 months and won that ( that was 2 days ago) i could fix it but i just cant be botherd with it so gunna get the family mchanic ( spelling) to do it

mikeoxford
03-05-04, 11:11 PM
i dont thrash it that much i have only had 1 race in 18 months and won that ( that was 2 days ago) i could fix it but i just cant be botherd with it so gunna get the family mchanic ( spelling) to do it

i werent having a go like - just tryin to make light joke of it - its not a HUGE job, and its not the end of the world :)

and you said yourself you last "thrashed / raced it 2 days ago?"

speaks for itself :lol:

how do you know its gone? what symptons you got? (just curious)

nova neil(swindon)
03-05-04, 11:17 PM
shit loads of smoke when driving (wasnt there yesterday) mayonaise color oil ,the water in the header tank has dissapeard in the space of a day

na its ok mate i knew it was a joke lol

it was a clio i raced he was doing my head in been driving past my car for weeks thinking he had a quick car

mikeoxford
03-05-04, 11:22 PM
which colour smoke?

i remeber when my piston rings went.

bare clouds of smoke. made me laff so bad. was like james bond stylee!

nova neil(swindon)
03-05-04, 11:33 PM
bluie white

Nath
04-05-04, 02:54 PM
could very well be piston rings m8. happened on my m8's nova and was popping blue rings of smoke out.

Snowface
04-05-04, 08:57 PM
but what about the mayonaise oil?

that must be head gasket.

novahead
04-05-04, 09:45 PM
Head

epo
04-05-04, 10:26 PM
its not to bad a job head gasket took me and me dad three evenings work 1st 1 strip it down second sort stuff out 3rrd puttin it back toghether

dare say cud do it quicker

also caught it before it went to bad and warpped the head

Ben
04-05-04, 11:04 PM
Rings is very blue smoke 95% off time.

Get the head checked whilst off, just for peace of mind.

SKoob
05-05-04, 08:14 AM
ah m8, sorry to hear about this :( The job of changing the headgasket is a relativily easy one. The smoke could be your valve stem oil seals, so when the heads off rebuild the head, see if that stops the smoke, if not then it will be your rings. I'm having a crap week or 2 now, my car won't even start :| I felt like scrapping my car or selling it, but whats kept me going is thinking how nice it will be when its done :)

mikeyredtop
05-05-04, 09:56 AM
i had a gte once that the head gasket went.. then replaced it and the rings went on 1 cylinder, so changed em on that cylinder and another cyl went.. should of done em all while i was there.. ended up getting a new engine... of which lasted 3 months due to me running a 1.2i pump makin it run lean as feck...