PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does a fse power boost valve do?

dunova
03-05-04, 07:26 PM
As it says-Just wondering what exactly it does and how it improves performance. Also i want2 put one in and i have an ecotek valve-does that matter?

-Bruce-
03-05-04, 09:23 PM
i dont know what a FSE does either really?? does stuff with your fuel not sure what though!! ah well

Stuart
03-05-04, 10:02 PM
it replaces you fuel pressure regulator. its vaccum controlled so bassically it increases the fuel pressure the more load/rpm the engine endures.

with higher fuel pressure you get more fuel into the engine without the need to map, as the settings are for a given pressure, increase it and you get the idea.

they need setting up to work "properly".

oh and they are only for injection cars, much like the ecotek valve thing

epo
03-05-04, 10:17 PM
wud the gte \gsi one fit on say an sri :?

mikeoxford
03-05-04, 11:54 PM
dont take my word for it but couldnt see why not - both MPi

rysmee
04-05-04, 07:51 AM
the only difference is the gsi/gte kit comes with an alloy thing that bolts to the fuel rail, not sure what rail the sri has but the boost valve its self is the same... although it wil be set for gsi/gte fuel pressure.. not sure if sri's is different.

S_Gault
04-05-04, 12:08 PM
I make my own,

the prob with them is that in lifts fuel pressure which increases fulling everywhere and the adjustment is very large for a small turn on the screw. I tend to set them around 45psi with the vacuum disconnected.

I use them more when I build engine s on throttle bodies, as it allows me to set baseline fuelling for the specific injectors used.

Steven

mikeyredtop
04-05-04, 02:52 PM
ive got a fse but lookin into it u can modify ur own original 1. via shims or a stiffer spring... ive just bought a fuel pressure gauge and will be messing around with this shotly...

S_Gault
04-05-04, 03:00 PM
thats how ive been ding it for years.

I noted how a caterham made a 3 bar one from a std k series one .. good enough for them , good enough for me.

Steven

mikeyredtop
04-05-04, 03:08 PM
as soon as i make my own im gonna ebay mine...
cant believe i paid 98 quid 4 it...

Ste_Nova
04-05-04, 04:22 PM
but it's not the first mod you should make.... get the in out and flow sorted then raise the fuel pressure