PDA

View Full Version : Good race!

so1o
03-05-04, 01:02 AM
I came across a E30 BMW M3 left hand drive, the one with the wide arch kit etc. They aint as fast as i thought they would be, oh well another one bites the dust :lol:

As he was giving it some I saw a flame coming out the back, now I know they aint turbos, its my mates brothers car, how comes it did this?Misfire?
I have seen Cossies and the like do this but I thought it was only high powred turbos that did this....

Someone tell me the reason for why this blowtorch effect flame comes out of turbo and n/a cars?

Thanks

epo
03-05-04, 08:35 AM
nice 1

i thought it spits flames out due to unburnt fuel gettin through the exhaust and ur tailpipe\exhaust bein that hot but could be way wrong :lol:

-Bruce-
03-05-04, 09:51 AM
i would agree with epo!! unburnet fuel but also we could be wrong :oops:

benji
03-05-04, 10:14 AM
may of had a flamer kit

peester
03-05-04, 10:27 AM
the e30 m3 was the only wide-arched e30 bm did; 230bhp through rear wheels mate non-turbo, im sure youde need an let in youre nova to beat one..
whats urs running? maybe it was a replica? glad u enjoyed it though; good stuff.

Philsutton
03-05-04, 11:17 AM
at the end of the day the bmw is much heavier, whereas novas are quite light especaily when stripped out. You wouldnt have had it top end though.

so1o
03-05-04, 11:52 AM
I dont want to start any crap about who won, I won :lol: I have driven that M3 before aswell it sounds awesome, goes well but not that well. I think you will find its closer to 200bhp and not 230.

Anyway im more interested in what causes those flames, i always thought it was overfuelling, unburnt fuel or whatnot. No flamer kits, it wasnt like a flamer kit flame, more of a blow torch flame :?

Philsutton
03-05-04, 11:57 AM
if he hit it off the limiter which will cut the spark then into the next gear it might have done it. Mine does that some times if hit the limiter before a gear change.

epo
03-05-04, 03:37 PM
my gte did it whilst racin a vectra it was quite funny after that he backed off :lol:

Breeny
03-05-04, 04:23 PM
The E30 M3's are tanks.... not as fast as everyone expects at all. It'll soon say goodbye to you on the nearest corner though :P

I still wouldn't say no to one though! Awesome cars 8)

As for flames.. indeed it is unburnt fuel igniting on the hot exhaust, either running rich or had a little overrun.

so1o
04-05-04, 07:10 PM
It does look bulky, but IMO I think it looks the best.

We did come to a few bends and I have to say I didnt see him brake much, mind you he is a decent enough driver.

Dpnova
04-05-04, 07:14 PM
I love them bm's but its better to see novas shock them 8)

cooper_nova
05-05-04, 12:05 AM
woz the m3 a lhd????
if not its a replica as they never made them in rhd
:D

Ben
05-05-04, 12:14 AM
I came across a E30 BMW M3 left hand drive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cooper_nova
05-05-04, 12:18 AM
I came across a E30 BMW M3 left hand drive