PDA

View Full Version : DigiDash Installation

Nick
02-05-04, 10:45 PM
I've been offered a digiDash with everything on it for about 70 quid. i gomt some questions after reading a few guides.

Can i get the digidash clocked back or forwards :lol: to my orignal mileage !? if so how do i do this !?

The installation looks quite straight forwards, just connecting all the wires together e.t.c i'm a bit confused about the Speedo Sender thingy !?

Do you have to modify the fittings to get the dash in ? or does it just slot into the same fittings as the orignal nova dash ?

How long on avergae would it take to fit !?

anyone fancy doin it for me/ helping me (lancashire) :D
cheers

Riggy
02-05-04, 11:53 PM
where abouts in lancashire are you

what model nova have you got mk1 or mk2

carl

rikih
03-05-04, 11:04 AM
70 quid is quite a bit for a dash 50 quid yeh,

you can clock the dash but i dont recomend it, all the digits go weird.

speedo bit is the easiest bit lol 2connections to the gear box, the sender is fiddly to get out.remember when u pull out the old speedo wire tape the new one to it save trying to feed it through the car!

you have to mod the dash on the right on the inside their is a big bit of metal, also my wiring loom got in the way at the top of the dash just cable tie it away, this can be awkward! if u have a mk1 u will need a mk2 cav dash surround to make it fit correctly

it took me and my mate bout 3hours all in, its the indicators that got me as they have to be connected to the actual stalk

epo
03-05-04, 11:17 AM
http://www.nova-land.com/

theres a guide on here mate

Nick
03-05-04, 11:31 AM
I'm Right next to Lancaster in lancashire

Problem is i use my car 50 miles everyday n i need it for Work n 6th form. So i'd hav to get the dash in n working in one day..

i have a mk2 so it makes it easier i spose, i got A-level in Electronics so the wiring part should be a peice of cake, jst the Sender stuff n actually fitting it in !

epo
03-05-04, 03:38 PM
my mate did mine in an hour and a half but he has done a fair few before

Riggy
03-05-04, 06:41 PM
im in the manchester area mate so if you want to meet up ill give you a hand fittin took me about an hour and half mate

carl

stiller_uk
03-05-04, 10:52 PM
Its a piece of piss m8. Read the guides on www.nova-land.com and www.vauxnova.co.uk.

U should be able to do it in about 2 hours.

It is basically point 2 point wiring.

mikeoxford
03-05-04, 11:50 PM
clocking is possible - and works fine. start to strip the dash youll soon work it out......

Nick
04-05-04, 10:48 PM
so ... i basically do...

1 - Wire up the dash to the cars wires using the tables.. and connect indicator telltales directly to the indicator switches ?

2 - Swap the Sendor/transducer over and run new wires thru to the dash.

3 - Check it works, n modify the fittings !?

still don't get the indicator bits, where to i run the wires 2 exactly ? the stalks !?

stiller_uk
04-05-04, 11:18 PM
Pull of the steering colum shround and u can get access to the stalk wires.

Can't remember the colurs.

U could just use the black/white with green dots and connet that to both the wires from the digi dash, but then when u indicat both tell lights on the dash will light up instead of the one in the direction that u are turning.

Riggy
05-05-04, 05:45 PM
when i fitted mine i didnt have to fit the indicators to the stalks i had both wires in the loom alreaddy the were just conected to 1 point on the old plug

:D

Nick
06-05-04, 05:10 PM
i unfortunatly also havea manual choke !

i'm guessing there is no choke telltale on the digidash !

should i use ABS telltale or something !?

stiller_uk
06-05-04, 10:28 PM
Yeah there is a tell light but i don't think u'll have a bulb or bulb holder for it. Vaux dont sell the correct bulb holder any more.

Mines a manuel choke aswell, i just didn't bother with the tell light.