PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer TS-G1046 into Mk2 Dash

ChronoCabal
02-05-04, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone, I've got my TS-G1046's out of my Mk1, and I'm looking to put them in my Mk2. Does anyone know if this is possible? Sounds a silly question I know, but the Mk2 speakers seem to be held in differently to the Mk1s. Picture and link below, Cheers,

LT

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/images/products/carspeakers/pioneer/1014223376842ts_g1046_detailpage.jpg

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=679&taxonomy_id=25-131

epo
02-05-04, 08:32 AM
yeah they shud fit as there only 10cm
ne bigger and i dont think they would

jkhilton
03-05-04, 01:45 PM
I think it's just pretty much any 4" speaker for the dash in the nova. just make sure it doesn't stick up too much or the mounting depth isn't too big.

John

ChronoCabal
06-05-04, 09:06 PM
Do you think I would need to bend (or even break) the tabs to get them to fit?

Thanks,

LT

Jack
07-05-04, 04:18 PM
Those look similar tabs to the alpines i just fitted to my mk2. You'll need the tabs, and you should get some little metal clips which the screws grip into to hold them in place which you'll need.

ChronoCabal
09-05-04, 07:27 PM
I've just started full time at Halfords, so I really should know this :P

Did you screw them straght into the back of the dash then?

Cheers,

LT

Jack
10-05-04, 09:56 AM
yeah, kinda... lol, the dash has two materials to it, the top layer (which you see when you have the dash in the car) and an underlying fibre backing; its this backing stuff you want to screw the speakers into.

ChronoCabal
10-05-04, 04:13 PM
Yeah thought so - as I said earlier, I've got a whole spare dash that I've been looking at. It's looks easy enough with the dash removed, but rather a different story with it still in the car. I wasn't entirely sure that the backing would be strong enough to support the speakers, but if you say so! :)

I might dig out the Haynes to see about part-removing the dash, as I can imagine the driver side is a bugger to do - like the Mk1! (I did eventually get these speakers into a Mk1, so I CAN do it - I hope)

Any other ideas rather than removing the dash? I'm going to fit the passenger side right now :)

LT