PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts

krobinson
01-05-04, 11:32 PM
I'll be ordering my new engine mounts for the 1.3 on tuesday. And i'm looking for recomendations. Let me know what your using, even if its on a larger engine. What you think of them? Price? and where did you buy them? And how long did they take to arrive?

Cheers

Keith

peester
02-05-04, 12:14 AM
tas dude. i rang powerflex the other day; they don't do any for vauxhalls. so im off the demon tweeks soon. nylon is it? that'll do.

peester
02-05-04, 09:26 AM
is it just me or is tas website not workin?

1000 posts too, lol.

krobinson
03-05-04, 11:29 AM
website?

Cheers :D

Keith

Jim
03-05-04, 12:32 PM
I got all my engine mounts from Protec:

http://www.usedrallyparts.co.uk/showcopagenew.cfm?pagekey=protec01

Jim

krobinson
03-05-04, 01:02 PM
What was the quality of the mounts like? They cost ?125, then need to add Vat & Postage. Where as TAS are ?110 or so delivered!

Hmmm.. decisions..

Keith

Jim
03-05-04, 02:36 PM
The quality was fine Keith. Quite a few of us have bought these mounts from Protec.

Up to you though :)

Jim

BigRuss
03-05-04, 05:13 PM
Don't buy them from TAS, they are shite mate. They don't last long before the engine starts moving a fair bit. I got mine from Pro-tec as well, Alan there is an (Audi) ex works Mechanic and really knows his stuff. :D :D

In fact most of the TAS manufactured stuff is shite, that's why they are usually cheaper. Same as everything mate, You get what You pay for. Up to You though :wink:

fearless
04-05-04, 07:08 PM
Don't ProTec get there engine mounts from TAS ??? - I'm sure I heard that somewhere - I may be wrong though - They are only down the road from TAS if I remember correctly !!!

krobinson
04-05-04, 07:13 PM
May be put on hold now anyways. Steven's informed me that my Cam is badly worn, so i've decided to replace it with a piper 285. And i'm enquireing about moving up to Twin 40 Webbers. Hopefully the cost wont put me out of scedule for Silverstone in september!

Keith

peester
04-05-04, 07:14 PM
fuck it then; ill be getting new gen ones; spend the rest on a cam kit instead. if the gm ones have lasted 10 years thats good enough for me.

krobinson
04-05-04, 07:20 PM
New GM Ones arn't shy off uprated ones mate! Last time i priced it was:

Rear: 35
Gearbox : 45
Drivers side: 45!

Thats ?125!!

Keith

BigRuss
04-05-04, 07:46 PM
Alan at pro-tec has a lot of stuff engineered locally to his spec, they are not TAS jobbies.

Alex Mac
06-05-04, 01:32 PM
Yeh, I got mine from Pro-tec good guys, the only this that worry's me it that the front engine mount is bolted to the mount bracket via 1 No. M10 bolt rather than two as on the original but Alan assured me this was OK, the other this is that because it is bolted through you have to put the mount onto the bracket before installing the engine into put simple prob but somthing to remember, (well I will be doing it anyway Keith so I will remember m8)

The other thing as Keith knows they are a good job don't get me wrong, but they shake your teeth out, well with my valver anyway, I haven't experienced them with small block engines

Hurry up Keith and get them ordered the clocks ticking.........

krobinson
06-05-04, 09:03 PM
It'll be next month.. i've had to buy a new cam!!

Keith

peester
07-05-04, 12:03 AM
well my vaux dealer told me today he's got nothing on engine mounts any more!!
fookin rediculous. (spelling.)
split, fit 'n' glue then!! :roll:
oooh im gonna have to shell out on these 'contraversial' (spelling, again) protec jobbies.

BigRuss
07-05-04, 12:19 AM
Peter Lloyd rallying is just down the road from Me and I get quite a good deal on everything I have from him.
Anyway I noticed today that He had two sets of Nova uprated engine mounts on a shelf in the shop. They are ?99 + P+P but He said I can have them for ?90 so I suppose postage would ?5 - ?10 from the post office if you're interested mate. :?:

Anything for a fellow Novaloader :wink: