PDA

View Full Version : 2E carb vacum lines

johnny27
30-04-04, 10:58 PM
Hi guys, does anyone know where the two little vacum lines goto on the 23 carb, the ones on the bottom of the carb close to the manifold? Cause I got my 1.2spi switched over to carb so i don't know. The second choke is sticking when opened at the moment so would this be anyting to do with it. Cheers

johnny27
01-05-04, 05:19 PM
Anyone know? Help would be appericated, because i'm dying to get the second choke working for full power, cause i've just finished converting to carb with k&n filter, 4-2-1 manifold and gte exhuast system, ported and polished head and kent cam. Thanks.

rikih
03-05-04, 10:49 AM
vacum are u talking bout the ones to the brake servo and in the back of the manifold? also the choke sticking may well be the return spring on the side of the carb my 32/34 weber did this a bit took it apart cleaned it up etc. or why not get a carb rebuild bout ?60 well worth it as carbs have so many moving parts

johnny27
03-05-04, 12:10 PM
Its not the ones for the brake servo, its the ones on the front at the bottom of the carb. I think one goes to the disturbuter, but don't know about the other one.

novashed
03-05-04, 05:28 PM
think one on right goes to the dizzy and the left is for hot/cold air feed flap thing in the standard airbox, usually gets blocked off anyway

nova_rally
03-05-04, 09:49 PM
Base of carb, front: Left side block up, don't let it suck air or you r car won't idle. One on the right goes to distributor advance unit.

Alan

johnny27
03-05-04, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the help people. At the moment i am not using the excat match dizzy, the one running has'nt got an advance unit, but everything seems to be running okay, so can i block that vacum line as well?

rgv_stu
04-05-04, 12:15 PM
yup

S_Gault
04-05-04, 12:25 PM
block them up and if not using the vacuum advance in dizzy then lock it up by brazing it or drilling and putting a self tapper thru it. That way it wont fluctuate

Then set timing to around 30deg full advance.

Steven

mikeoxford
05-05-04, 02:21 PM
my vacumm advance is all disconnected and chucked in the bin......

makes my car run irratic :!:

johnny27
05-05-04, 03:00 PM
Cheers for the help lads, would this cause my second choke to stick? I heard that the pierburg vacum unit dies and can cause this, what you think?

rgv_stu
05-05-04, 03:54 PM
second choke is usually sticky due to junk around the spindle
it is operated by the big diaphram above the 2 vacumn pipes yourve been talking about.
just spray wd40 around the spindle and operate it a few times with the throttle held open (wont open with it shut)
suck on the vacumn hose and make sure it holds vacumn