PDA

View Full Version : Screwdriver attack

officer_nova
30-04-04, 08:11 PM
My pride an joy was broken into on tuesday, they just got away with my expensive sunnies which were in the glovebox and a couple of Cds but nothing major. However i was concerned at how they got in. The entry to the lock on the passenger side is slightly bend, perhaps it was attacked with a screwdriver, but the mechanism still works fine, even the central locking etc. I'm guessing its piss easy to break into, will a bog standard flathead work from halfords. My mates saxo got a nasty hole through the door but nothing like that happened to the rock solid nova. What can you do to prevent this happening again? is the answer de-locking the doors, if it is, how much is this likely to cost????

Stuart
30-04-04, 08:16 PM
you can delock, but your relying on the battery and alarm never failing.

ive got solex locks, purely because it was cheaper to fit them than to get another set of keys/locks for the car lol

srs1
30-04-04, 08:16 PM
yep, de-lock mate. and a alarm system helps too

MechaT
30-04-04, 09:29 PM
Evenin Officer. Ya got the right idea 'bout how they did it. I won't say in case there are some particularly stupid teefs reading who need a guide, but: Take the door card out of your door, have a good look around to work out how your lock works, then wonder why you bother even locking it at all.

As the others said, delock it. - and unscrew the door lock pins. They're another way to break in.

Look on ebay. You can buy new mutz nutz alarm/immobilisers cheap.

Police say leave nothing in the car, and leave the glove box open to show
there's nothing in it. Obvious but that's why most cars get broken in to.

You could get security film for the side windows too.

Cost'll probably be at least 100 quid upwards but it's cheaper than gettin stuff nicked once a month cuz they'll probably come back to your car.

Philsutton
30-04-04, 09:53 PM
just shows what sort of people they are that break into cars. there are a lot easier an quicker ways of getting into a nova than going anywhere the locks, but they have to break something.

m.d.
30-04-04, 11:20 PM
delock and get perspex windows. cant get i even with a brick then. lol

epo
01-05-04, 09:29 PM
its sad that people have to folk out money 4 decent alarms just to protect there pride and joy
people who rob cars really get me pished off :rant:

Nath
01-05-04, 11:04 PM
lol epo where u get that smiley from?

epo
01-05-04, 11:07 PM
lol epo where u get that smiley from?

click on
"view more emotions" its underneith the normal smilies :wink:

Nath
01-05-04, 11:09 PM
:eggface: :microwav: :rant: and who are these lol :wisewood: :micky:

Adam
02-05-04, 07:39 PM
you can delock, but your relying on the battery and alarm never failing.

ive got solex locks, purely because it was cheaper to fit them than to get another set of keys/locks for the car lol

I would go for the Solex locks, they are very decent against thieves. You could also delock but as Cambridge said you have got to rely on the lock solenoids/battery etc working every time. You may need to do what they did in the Max Power book in case your battery goes dead and you can't get in.

dave.gsi
02-05-04, 08:41 PM
i have the best of both worlds.

passenger side is delocked, drivers side has a solex lock.

Barn
02-05-04, 08:52 PM
how much are solex locks?

how do you fit them?

Alex
02-05-04, 11:17 PM
:eggface: :microwav: :rant: and who are these lol :wisewood: :micky:

Wisewood (Andy) and Micky (doesn't come on here as much now)

epo
03-05-04, 08:28 AM
neither of em have bin on much
but i think andys a bit busy aint he + he cant get on while he's at work like he used to in his old job