PDA

View Full Version : Speed Cameras...

Anonymous
26-06-01, 11:15 AM
from my underground sources (;))i have recieved the following...
To anyone who drives on "A" or "M" roads please read on...........

Be aware of the new speed cameras which are being erected the complete length of 'A' and 'M' roads. They are recognised by a tall blue coloured pole and a small aerial pole next to it. We may have a possible stay of execution, due to the privacy law up-holding these units from being switched on. At the moment it is being debated within parliament.
SPEEDCHECK SVVD SPECS went online last week end on the M1, netting 4300 offenders in a single day. The system does not use instantaneous speed like cameras we're familiar with, instead measuring the average speed of every vehicle over a distance of about a mile.

How?
By reading your license plates and matching them up camera to camera. It works 24hrs a day, needs no film, no flash, uses no radar and is proven to be 99% accurate in all weather conditions.
There are 60 new cameras that start operating on the M25 on the 14th June 2001, these are between the A3 and M40, they can deal with 60,000 tickets every hr.

sorry for the long post. just thought you would like to know.

Anonymous
26-06-01, 11:20 AM
Am I getting confused or are these the same as the ones that have Traffic Master written on em?

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
26-06-01, 11:27 AM
i thought that at first. i'll try and find out.

Anonymous
26-06-01, 11:28 AM
You the Daddy!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
26-06-01, 01:26 PM
If they are the big tall blue ones, I think they do flash, I was near bromborough last week and I think I got flashed by one of them - absolubtley gutted!:(

Anonymous
26-06-01, 01:30 PM
Breeny that is a hoax email that has been doing the rounds for a while, it was on nova_owners a month or 2 ago, they are traffic master ones.

there are specs ones around birmingham and nottingham and rumours this weekend of m6 around crewe.

Anonymous
26-06-01, 01:37 PM
are you sure ian? my dad gave it to me, i'm sure you know what he does for a living.

Anonymous
26-06-01, 01:41 PM
he could be trying to trick u to slow down!!!!

Anonymous
26-06-01, 03:29 PM
I think the traffic master ones are the ones mounted on the bridges not the tall stand alone jobbies.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
26-06-01, 03:39 PM
If you look closely, the tall blue ones have traffic master on them. As soon as they started putting em up about 4 or 5yrs ago I checked one out.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
26-06-01, 03:43 PM
Tall blue ones with 1 or 2 camera's on the top?

They is jus traffic control thingies.

Heard bout the other ones & the new solar powered cats eyes, that have the cameras in, dun dun duhhhhhh!

Anonymous
26-06-01, 04:25 PM
The cats eye ones are just an idea in development. I reckon we should send death threats to the frikin Scientists that develop these things!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
26-06-01, 04:28 PM
erm, bad news mate, they are testing them at this very moment, they havnt been used yet, cos too many probs with the BIG BROTHER thing, peeps gettin watched 24/7, so i wud watch out for em!

Anonymous
26-06-01, 09:07 PM
if the cats eye one happen i'll buy an artic and just ride two lanes(on the cats eyes) to break all the cameras, then i'll pay my road tax to buy some more cats eyes, make sence?? if u go to www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk it tells u loads about each camera!!! they used to pinpoint exactly were they were on routes!! but theres too many now!!!!

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
26-06-01, 11:06 PM
so how much is a cordless angle gringer?

Anonymous
27-06-01, 09:19 AM
Breeny, what does your dad do for a living? Everyones talking about flashing and large poles - The only thing I can think of where these two things go hand in hand is pole dancing. Ahhh, thats why you're so rich. They say these people make alot of money.

Jim ;)

P.S. We don't need to know that you're dad "gave it to you" leave that in the home please.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:56 AM
jim, have you been smoking a bit of the old "nasty stuff" again? :D rich?! you have got to be joking!

Anonymous
27-06-01, 12:17 PM
The blue ones are traffic master ones. BUT as they read your number plate and work out the speed between them (hence determining if the traffic is moving as it should or slower than it should be) then they therefore have a speed reading for every car.
Currently, the registration and speed details are not stored and are used purely for the traffic monitoring. But it doesnt take a genius to work out if the police would use it for speeding.I mean, its a ready built network for monitoring speed and is pervfect for lining the pockets of fat ass polititians with our cash .

Thing is, it doesnt bother me, as these things can't read square number plates (or non standard text/spacing-hence the massive crack down on plates recently)......:D

:)

Anonymous
27-06-01, 06:33 PM
ahh fuck it im just gonna fit a 1.0 ohv engine lmao

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
27-06-01, 10:13 PM
ok, the 1's i've seen.
In birmingham laser type.
On blue pole with unit overhanging road, raeds reg plate and displays ur reg+speed on a message board 100 metres up the road if u go over the limit, iwas told they were being triald and not sure if they r still there!!
D1cko