PDA

View Full Version : 1st time out in a valver today

Gazza14SR
29-04-04, 10:53 PM
And im glad its not mine.

Dont wanna sound a pussy or whatever blah blah blah but it was absolutely frightening.

I have not been in anything faster in my life and to be honest, i think it'd be hard to top it.

Makes me glad that i chose a 1.6 conversion and not a valver simply because i dont think i'd be safe in it. Too much power at my age (19) i think id be a risk to myself aswell as others.

I aint gonna lie or anything, but there aint no way i am competant to handle that sort of power.

Maybe in afew years....but think ill stick with the 1.6 for now :D

Was an experience to remember though.

srs1
29-04-04, 10:57 PM
i should be going out in a let some time next week. cant wait

Gazza14SR
29-04-04, 10:59 PM
i should be going out in a let some time next week. cant wait

Make sure you got a spare set of undies dude! LMAO

steve-o
29-04-04, 11:03 PM
i used to think the same, but now mine doesnt even seem fast :(

srs1
29-04-04, 11:04 PM
i'll be alright, i never drive slow as it is. so racing a porsche at 147mph down the m56 is nothing different.

will be nice to see what the car feels like for handling.

dave.gsi
29-04-04, 11:16 PM
me badly wants a valver :cry: :lol:

may have found myself a nice project car though :D (1.2 nova)
just whether i can convince the girfriend to let me have another car lol

mikeoxford
29-04-04, 11:19 PM
come renewal time (matter of weeks / days) if i can get insured on it this time round ill be doin it.

dont see the point in paying X amount of insurance when i could pay a tiny bit extra for something better..........

Will
29-04-04, 11:49 PM
come renewal time (matter of weeks / days) if i can get insured on it this time round ill be doin it.

dont see the point in paying X amount of insurance when i could pay a tiny bit extra for something better..........

what abt the 1.6 you have just built etc?

mikeoxford
30-04-04, 12:06 AM

id advertise it for sale..... :lol:

seriously :!:

pipe dream though - itd be another year before the insurance people would let me loose in a valver.

im only 19 with 2 yrs NCB *touches wood*

ydg27
30-04-04, 12:15 AM
went out in my dads mates anglia cosworth the other day - OMFG - unreal - racing fireblades!

unreal performance

had it on the rollers in 6th gear and at 290bhp it wheelspan wildly and they couldn't get a reading- that is with 2 guys in the back and all of the heights

its awesome!

Will
30-04-04, 08:32 AM

id advertise it for sale..... :lol:

seriously :!:

pipe dream though - itd be another year before the insurance people would let me loose in a valver.

im only 19 with 2 yrs NCB *touches wood*

HIC will insure you..........

Jim
30-04-04, 08:53 AM
Gaz, if you get your 1.6 on 40's you should be looking at similar power to a standard valver. Once my cars run in im hoping it'll be able to keep up with a few valvers, at least up the 1/4mile anyway.

Jim

Ste_Nova
30-04-04, 08:59 AM
i'll be alright, i never drive slow as it is. so racing a porsche at 147mph down the m56 is nothing different.

i've done that.... was it a silver boxter? i was with him from the start of the 5 till the frodsham turnoff

epo
30-04-04, 07:52 PM
am off to see chris 16v valver again on sunday hopefully he'll take me out 4 a spin in it

srs1
30-04-04, 08:02 PM

i've done that.... was it a silver boxter? i was with him from the start of the 5 till the frodsham turnoff

no idea ste, it was around 12 in the morn. was booting it. saw lights come up. was doing around 110. no blues on so went for it. at 125 i moved over. then sat on his ass. 135 he moved over. i went for it.

benji
30-04-04, 08:09 PM
Gaz, if you get your 1.6 on 40's you should be looking at similar power to a standard valver. Once my cars run in im hoping it'll be able to keep up with a few valvers, at least up the 1/4mile anyway.

Jim

and round a track valvers wont come close

Stuart
30-04-04, 08:13 PM
the first valver i drove was Chris T's, at night, on roads i didnt know after a hardish days work. with lights that communicated to other planets and not the road

suffice to say, FECK!!! lol

few months later i took it out in day light and after having sorted most of the torque steer out. WOW amazing monster car

srs1
30-04-04, 08:14 PM
i cant wait to get my valver sorted now. going to be doing it after june if all goes to plan.

nova---chris
30-04-04, 11:57 PM
u been driving me rover again cambridge lol!!
Im sure once its back together we can take it for some nailing round them lanes. 8)

Stuart
01-05-04, 07:47 AM
i dont think i could handle the rover mate!

mikeoxford
03-05-04, 11:40 PM
u been driving me rover again cambridge lol!!
Im sure once its back together we can take it for some nailing round them lanes. 8)

apart..... again? :o

leave it alone and show it off :!: :lol:

RJM25R
04-05-04, 08:30 AM
OK but a 1.6 twin40's won't have anywhere near as much torque as a valver so you aren't gonna be as quick...... you need a 1.6TURBO to be as quick as a valver.....

Jim
04-05-04, 08:34 AM
OK but a 1.6 twin40's won't have anywhere near as much torque as a valver so you aren't gonna be as quick...... you need a 1.6TURBO to be as quick as a valver.....

I agree that a 1.6 on carbs won't have as much torque, but that doesn't necesarily mean the 1.6 is not going to be as fast. It depends on the moduifications of the Valver. A friend of mine had trouble keeping up with me in his valver. He was definatley trying as another friend was in the car with him to see how a "Valver" felt. When we pulled up at the end of the journey, both of them said they wern't able to keep up.

Jim

big_steve_x
05-05-04, 05:14 PM
i'm bored of my valver its too slow, and it won't grip in the wet, 4x4 nova time :) haha!

YellowTurbo
06-05-04, 10:01 AM
I drive a phase 3 LET nova and it is the best thing i have ever drove......soooooo fast.......insurance is a bastard though.

epo
06-05-04, 06:42 PM
i'm bored of my valver

is that even possible :lol:

Ian
06-05-04, 08:13 PM

Jim

and round a track valvers wont come close

we will see ;)

Stuart
06-05-04, 08:32 PM
is hat with a beemer towing you ian? ;)

im sure breeny could offer assistance

Dan
06-05-04, 08:48 PM

Rubbish, i have only ever ran pod 3 times, twice of which ran sub 15, a stock valver with all trim will run very low 15's/ very high 14's. I didnt need a turbo to match a valver's times

Ian
06-05-04, 09:26 PM
is hat with a beemer towing you ian? ;)

im sure breeny could offer assistance

nah breenys is too slow a wannabe m3, needs something like a 750 lol

Ian
06-05-04, 09:28 PM

Rubbish, i have only ever ran pod 3 times, twice of which ran sub 15, a stock valver with all trim will run very low 15's/ very high 14's. I didnt need a turbo to match a valver's times

mike o obviously thinks a valvers better than a 1.6 on 40s :p

mikeoxford
06-05-04, 10:03 PM

mike o obviously thinks a valvers better than a 1.6 on 40s :p

dont think its better, so not really ian.

i have views both for and against neither of which make a strong enough argument for me doing it or not.

cant justify cost for full engine management and possible TBs or a turbo on the 1.6.

i was looking at turboing the webers - well, still am, but turbos is one thing i know nothing about.

reason for wanting a valver? dunno really. we built a 2ltr 8v as a little bit of fun and i was just impressed by the smoothness of injection.

i could go on for hours.... cos in my view you cant beat the noise of 40s / TBs. Its an addiciton :lol:

but then again id like something that has power that you dont have to thrash the tits off it to make the most of it.....

ill shut up now.

Dan
06-05-04, 10:59 PM
cant justify cost for full engine management and possible TBs or a turbo on the 1.6

all my post was saying that u dont need any of that stuff if on a budget to match a valver, on the qtr regardless of engine they all get abused to run the fastest time poss against all speculation and personal feelings.

obv when you start messing with the valver its a different ball game

mikeoxford
06-05-04, 11:35 PM
cant justify cost for full engine management and possible TBs or a turbo on the 1.6

all my post was saying that u dont need any of that stuff if on a budget to match a valver, on the qtr regardless of engine they all get abused to run the fastest time poss against all speculation and personal feelings.

obv when you start messing with the valver its a different ball game

oh i agree with you totally.

we all know what our 1.6 N/As are capable of. and they are competitive against an XE, as you say as soon as you start to tune the XE though..... bye byeeeeee

Ben
07-05-04, 11:20 AM

Jim

Also Jim you think about that most valvers are fitted in standard form and about 10+ years old i would imagine most XE Novas are only pushing about 125-130BHP maximum.

ollster
07-05-04, 12:07 PM
^^^^^^Very Good point^^^^^^^