PDA

View Full Version : K&N + De-Cat

Anonymous
29-08-00, 01:57 PM
Steve what k&n did u use for your 1.2i cos i cant find a filter that will fit on mine for shit. I thought it would have an induction kit as its injection, but thats only multi-point i guess, however its not carb either, so which one???????? Also what pipe did u use to bypass the cat?

Anonymous
29-08-00, 11:24 PM
you can fit inductions for all injection cars, go for pipercross or k+n as they kick ass!

speak to someone who knows wot they r talking about - demon tweeks - ripspeed etc..

l8ter

Anonymous
30-08-00, 03:09 PM
U cannot buy induction kits for single point injection novas like the 1.2i. I too have a 1.2i '92
and tried in vain ringing up performace shops like larkspeed and ringing K+N directly, they do not make
induction kits for s.p.i novas. The best solution i was offered was too buy a K+N replacement filter/element.
Its a direct replacement for that crappy yellow cardboard thing you usually find in u'r airbox. It costs about
?30 but i lasts forever u just have to wash it now and again and re-oil it with this special oil. Apparently you get
much greater flow rate of air through the filter than a standard one. I also drilled about 10 holes in the bottom of my airbox
to allow in even more air. I got a better sound when accelerating and a small increase in throttle response, probably worth it for the money.
If u were thinking of talking to Steve Sanders i already have, he removed his standard airbox and replaced it with a cavalier single
point injection airbox and then bought an induction kit to fit onto that box apparently you can get them. Its up to u.
Also i know steve did his own decat and actually removed the cat and put a replacement pipe in instead. If u did this
u'r car would fail its MOT. What i am going to do, is go to an exhaust centre in Leeds. I have had a quote for ?60, they will
remove the cat and put in a replacement pipe, but they do it so u can put u'r cat back in for the MOT and then take it out after.
Hope this was sum help,
Tony.

Anonymous
30-08-00, 06:25 PM
sam if u goto a exhaust supplier and price up a early gsi system they have the front pipes made up without the cat so if tour exhaust is fucked than u could simply buy a full gsi system for about ?60 excluding manifold. dont think u should remove the cat though mate. leave it and spend the money on a cam or summit proven to give gains (removeing the cat wont always give more power)