PDA

View Full Version : fitting 17s

m.d.
28-04-04, 03:42 PM
a friend of mine has a nova gte on a g plate. im in the prosess of fitting a 2.0 16v for him. while the car is in bits and i have the welder out, he has been offered a set of 17s with vauxhall fitment.

how hard are they to get under the novas arches. what exactle have people done to fit them

mikeoxford
28-04-04, 03:57 PM
i like 17s because of the feedback they give you when you drive.

some people might not like that

i posted a while back about using both big and small wheels, and the effect it had on me.

if you can talk him out of it, dont let him buy the 17s.

still each to their own -and if its a good enough purhcase not to miss. spose he might consider buying them.

back to the main subject

the offset of my wheels is not ideal for 17s.

there et42 which stick out a tiny bit too much. if i had et45 i would have got away with it.

anyway my rear arches are completely folded flat - even the lips.

for thr fronts it depends how low his car is.

if your fitting a valver in on standard lowering springs - he wont have any front wings left the car will be so low at the front the second he turns his wheel it will buckle the wing.

my car is lowered 60. so far i have gotten away again with the lips being folded totally flat, and the wings pulled out a little.

what i inetend to do is trim about 5mm - 1cm off the profile of the arch to make the arch taller - if you get me

mark_GSi
28-04-04, 04:02 PM
mine went straight on, bepends wot the ofset is?

mine are 47mm, i just trimmed the arches and they are fine