PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh some lovely physics

Philsutton
28-04-04, 02:03 PM
Im supposed to have a 2000 words report done by friday an ive just started. I cant seem to find a good explanation of a standard solar model for neutrinos, just wondering if anyone fancied having a go for me

Dpnova
28-04-04, 02:26 PM
Is there a good explantion, what do you study :?

Nova~Lolly
28-04-04, 02:29 PM
hey phil.im sure my darling andreas will be able to help you-he does physics.how are you anyways?

Philsutton
28-04-04, 02:31 PM
Im studying astro physics at uni and its giving me head just thinking about neutrinos, neutrino osciallations an how by finding the the three flavours of neutrino we know that they have mass. By knowing that these have mass we it solves many problems about where all the extra mass is in the universe that theoretically should be there but we cant see it e.g. dark matter.

Trust me its great fun i just cant think about it for to long otherwise it really hurts head. :?

Dpnova
28-04-04, 02:33 PM
wasnt neutrino a garage MC :lol: :roll:

Philsutton
28-04-04, 02:35 PM
haha yeah probaby. Come to think of it Andreas should be able to help.

Nova~Lolly
28-04-04, 02:40 PM
didnt i just say that lol.he will probably be on here sumtime this afternoon he goes to uni and does no work just goes on nl.lol.
neah only messing-he works really hard. but he shud be able to help you mate.

Jack
28-04-04, 03:26 PM
Im studying astro physics at uni and its giving me head

its giving you head? And you're complaining??

:lol:

Philsutton
28-04-04, 03:36 PM
haha i mean head ache

hendrix
28-04-04, 04:06 PM
neutrino's aghhh. is ur thing associated with WIMPS and dark matter, cosmic ray background etc?? We did something about WIMPS and it was on about they try to detect them underground. Its all such a ballache, glad i only do straight phyics now!
Andreas

Philsutton
28-04-04, 04:09 PM
its more to do with the neutrinos and the different types than the background radiation. anyway i think i managed to bulls*t my way through it. :D

epo
28-04-04, 08:27 PM
way over my head i flunked A level physics big time :lol:

Cheese
29-04-04, 01:20 AM
Phil, what uni do you go to?

peester
29-04-04, 08:28 AM
with WIMPS and dark matter, cosmic ray background etc?? We did something about WIMPS and

Windows Icon Menu Pointer System...? as in computing?

hendrix
29-04-04, 10:27 AM
weakly interacting massive particles i think, i was cained wen i wrote that!! lol
i did A level computing and i remember that WIMPS aswell

Philsutton
29-04-04, 12:34 PM
Im at nottingham trent uni

Adam
29-04-04, 10:25 PM
way over my head i flunked A level physics big time :lol:

LOL, i think i am gonna end up on the same track as Epo.
I am currently doing as-level physics and ave me exams in a month or so.
I am just hoping me coursework helps me get over the pass mark.LOL

epo
30-04-04, 07:40 PM
tbh i failed as i was gettin pissed up and playin pool all the time or i was flunkin lesson and goin to the scrap yard + me and me mates used to rip the pish out of the teacher :lol: