PDA

View Full Version : Door speakers

baha_guy
27-04-04, 10:30 PM
Could i fit to speaker in each door?

Where can i buy some good front door speaker. Dont want to spend to much on them as i need to buy 2 sets

cooper_nova
27-04-04, 11:19 PM
if u make ur own door builds u can fit as many speakers as u want lol

as for where to get 'em try ebay or an on line ice store

Jack
28-04-04, 08:23 AM
www.caraudiosecurity.com

...are a good place to buy stuff, a few of my mates and myself have ordered from them now and all had quick delivery. Pretty good prices too - i picked up a set of alpine 4" speakers for ?25, and i think they have some 3way alpine 6x9s for ?35.

Also might be worth a look on these:

www.incarexpress.co.uk
www.hiwayhifi.com
www.bassjunkies.com
www.letsbuycaraudio.com

As for the door builds, you ought to be able to fit small (4-5") speakers in the doors with minimal trouble, just remember if you have manual window winders not to get in the way of the handle! You could also fit 6x9s if you're feeling more adventurous, these would probably fit better in a custom built bit at the bottom rear corner of the door.

baha_guy
28-04-04, 09:02 PM
How do I make my own door build so i can fit 2 or 3 speakers in each doors I only want little speakers ineach door.

Anyone got any guilds on how to do it or any pic of a home mad build.... as i dont even no where to start

Jack
28-04-04, 10:01 PM
i think the easiest way to do it is to build up a few layers of mdf, obviously leaving space for the speaker, and smooth it off with filler, sand down, paint or carpet over it.

baha_guy
28-04-04, 10:07 PM
i think the easiest way to do it is to build up a few layers of mdf, obviously leaving space for the speaker, and smooth it off with filler, sand down, paint or carpet over it.

Do u mean build the bdf up on the door card and then cut the holes

Jack
28-04-04, 10:50 PM
Yep, that's it

hasek-na
29-04-04, 01:16 PM
I'm soon going to be buying my ice system and i was wundering if i made custom door thingys what speakers would be best to put in, i think two 6" will look gud but i don't know if they will sound gud or play loud, would 6 x 9s be a better choice in the front?

baha_guy
29-04-04, 01:27 PM
Would 6 x 9s not be to big to fit in the front. is so how would i be able to make them fit?

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 01:29 PM
I'm soon going to be buying my ice system and i was wundering if i made custom door thingys what speakers would be best to put in, i think two 6" will look gud but i don't know if they will sound gud or play loud, would 6 x 9s be a better choice in the front?

i wud deffo go for components in the front!!!! and then for the rest of the setup, mids(6-8" mid range speakers in the back) and then a sub or 2 in the boot and a good 4channel amp for the speakers and a monoblock amp for the subs!
:lol:

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 01:32 PM
Would 6 x 9s not be to big to fit in the front. is so how would i be able to make them fit?

u can have 6x9's in the doors but u wud have to build ur own door pods tho and forget about ur door pockets(this isn't a bad thing tho :D )

baha_guy
29-04-04, 01:35 PM
:arrow: How does this set up sound. A cd player set of 6x9 with a amp on them on shelf. 15'' sub with amp.. and 2 speakers in each front door or 1 6x9 in each door....

I want to make door pods how would i do then i have no idea.

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 01:48 PM
:arrow: How does this set up sound. A cd player set of 6x9 with a amp on them on shelf. 15'' sub with amp.. and 2 speakers in each front door....

it sounds good fella but if u get a 4 channel amp for the 6x9's u can then run the 2 speakers for ur doors ( i wud sugest going for seperate components and tweeters wiv crossovers than 2 way co axial's)

as for the door build either find some existing ones from a cav or the like and mod 'em wiv fibreglass and p38 or make a circle out of mdf for ur speakers to sit in and the use 4 poles or legs of either 2 different lenghs or 4 different lenghs(depending on how and wot angle u want the speakers to sit at) then use fibre glass to mould a basic shape and perfect it and then use p38 to smooth it off and finally paint or carpet to match wiv the rest of ur interior

sorted

Matty T
29-04-04, 02:30 PM
:arrow: How does this set up sound. A cd player set of 6x9 with a amp on them on shelf. 15'' sub with amp.. and 2 speakers in each front door or 1 6x9 in each door....

:?

IMO the best setup would be....

A CD/MP3 player (not Sony!)
A 12" sub (not Sony!)
A set of components up front (not Sony!)
An amp or two to power them (not Sony!)

Sorted, will sound tonnes better than 6x9's etc..

hasek-na
29-04-04, 02:32 PM
ok so i think me and baha are going in the same direction here just to make sure im gettin this right;

h/u
in dash speakers
component set in doors runnin off 4 channel amp
6 x 9s back shelf runnin off 4 channel amp
sub with second amp

about right?

baha_guy
29-04-04, 02:33 PM
:arrow: How does this set up sound. A cd player set of 6x9 with a amp on them on shelf. 15'' sub with amp.. and 2 speakers in each front door....

as for the door build either find some existing ones from a cav or the like and mod 'em wiv fibreglass and p38 or make a circle out of mdf for ur speakers to sit in and the use 4 poles or legs of either 2 different lenghs or 4 different lenghs(depending on how and wot angle u want the speakers to sit at) then use fibre glass to mould a basic shape and perfect it and then use p38 to smooth it off and finally paint or carpet to match wiv the rest of ur interior

sorted

Would i be able to put the 6x9 in the same place as my old door speakers. and one more thing how far out would i need to make the pod to get the fit.
http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/baha_guy/front_d_speakers.jpg These are the speakers im thinking of getting. How would they look if i put one in each door in the botton right hand side.

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 03:05 PM
i don't c ne reason why not but i personally wud go for components instead of 6x9's

Matty T
29-04-04, 03:15 PM
Why are you guys hooked on getting 6x9s? They sound SH!T.
Plus you dont need em if your getting a sub.

A good set of components and a sub amped up would easily sound better and louder than however many 6x9s you could fit in the car.

:roll:

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 03:27 PM
Why are you guys hooked on getting 6x9s? They sound SH!T.
Plus you dont need em if your getting a sub.

A good set of components and a sub amped up would easily sound better and louder than however many 6x9s you could fit in the car.

:roll:

cudn't agree more matty!
if ur gonna do a reasonable or serious install DON'T bother wiv 6x9's!!!!!

baha_guy
29-04-04, 05:12 PM
components what r they u got any pics and price range of them. Because i dont want 6x9 if i can get better onces....

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 06:14 PM
components what r they u got any pics and price range of them. Because i dont want 6x9 if i can get better onces....

components consist of a pair of usually 4-6" speaker and a pair of 1-2" tweeter and a pair of crossovers and usually all the wiring too!!! u can get them from ?20 a set upto ?200-?300 a set
i don't have ne pics soz

Jack
29-04-04, 06:47 PM
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/index.php+cPath+60_61

thats the Components section on CarAudioSecurity... have a look about on there to get an idea

hasek-na
29-04-04, 06:48 PM
baha to see 6x9s in doors to go to my post in styling called interior theres a link in one of the posts (first one with a pic) that shows some 6x9s mounted in the doors. Why don't 6x9s sounds good, im really flexible on what kind of speakers im gonna use ill most definately be going with a pioneer head unit but apart from that i don't mind......what I'm looking for is loud but with bass that dosnt drown out the sounds........in one of my mates cars he has some door speakers 6x9s and a 12" sub and i must admit that theres some parts of the frequency that his speaks don't play and it definatly shows, he has sum jbl 6x9s but there are way to bassy for me.....and then in some other of my mates car they simply have h/u plus 6x9s and sub and they play incredibly loud with no distortion and the bass from the proper place (sub) what i do no i want is a resonable quality sound but that can play really loud, i no this means high quality speakers but i wouldnt have thort this ruled out 6x9s.

DaN tHe NoVa MaN
29-04-04, 06:58 PM
heres the link

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=121456

cooper_nova
29-04-04, 08:03 PM
baha to see 6x9s in doors to go to my post in styling called interior theres a link in one of the posts (first one with a pic) that shows some 6x9s mounted in the doors. Why don't 6x9s sounds good, im really flexible on what kind of speakers im gonna use ill most definately be going with a pioneer head unit but apart from that i don't mind......what I'm looking for is loud but with bass that dosnt drown out the sounds........in one of my mates cars he has some door speakers 6x9s and a 12" sub and i must admit that theres some parts of the frequency that his speaks don't play and it definatly shows, he has sum jbl 6x9s but there are way to bassy for me.....and then in some other of my mates car they simply have h/u plus 6x9s and sub and they play incredibly loud with no distortion and the bass from the proper place (sub) what i do no i want is a resonable quality sound but that can play really loud, i no this means high quality speakers but i wouldnt have thort this ruled out 6x9s.

the reason 6x9's dont give as good a quality sound wise is coz they r giving highs mids and lows. where as wiv components the tweeters give the highs the4 or 6" gives the mids and the a sub gives u the lows, so they can give better quality coz they only have to deal wiv one type of frequency each instead of 3 or 2(for a 6x9 which have them one ontop of the other)

Matty T
29-04-04, 08:24 PM

the reason 6x9's dont give as good a quality sound wise is coz they r giving highs mids and lows. where as wiv components the tweeters give the highs the4 or 6" gives the mids and the a sub gives u the lows, so they can give better quality coz they only have to deal wiv one type of frequency each instead of 3 or 2(for a 6x9 which have them one ontop of the other)

Yup, plus 6x9's all tend to be nasty trebbley, and bassy. If you are planning on having a sub woofer there is no need for any extra bass. Bass is uni-driectional too (means you cant tell where its coming from), so its not like you need the bass upfront. As i said a good set of component speakers will sound ininately better than 6x9's, and if setup correctly, can get deeper mid-bass from them too. PLUS its not a good idea to place 6x9s on the shelf and have a sub in the boot as the freqs will interect/cancel out and the moving air will damage the speakers over time.

If you listen to a decent set up install you wont find many (if any) with 6x9's. Just look at the IASCA SQ competitions, no 6x9's in sight.

baha_guy
30-04-04, 01:19 AM

IS THATS UR DOOR CARDS IN THAT LINK WITH THE WITH THE 6X9 THAT IS THE DOOR CARDS I WANT. ANYONE GOT A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW THEY MADE THEN....

Matty T
30-04-04, 10:46 AM

IS THATS UR DOOR CARDS IN THAT LINK WITH THE WITH THE 6X9 THAT IS THE DOOR CARDS I WANT. ANYONE GOT A QUICK GUIDE ON HOW THEY MADE THEN....

:roll: Theres no telling some people.

baha_guy
30-04-04, 10:59 AM

:roll: Theres no telling some people.

lol i just want 6x9 as i have seen seen them and they look good

hasek-na
30-04-04, 06:03 PM
Thanks cooper and matty dint no that about 6x9s think i will go wiv components in front then maybe add some more or something at a later date. baha that post practicly shows what you have to jsut keep layering fiberglass on top till it looks like that. Try www.quadconversions.com then look in nove and door pods maybe thats what your looking for u could maybe mod them but for ?90 i aint suggestin u do. there are some plastic like speakers holder things you can get from places like halfords and that you could use them for a while then build around them ill probarbly use them.

Thanks again guys, great help as ussual

baha_guy
30-04-04, 09:58 PM
I might think of getting components as your saying they are better.

What onces are best?

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/baha_guy/f_t_2.jpg
Where would you put the 2 little speakers...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/baha_guy/f_t.jpg
What are the 2 long things on the left of the pic?

Witch once do you think are best as there the 2 im look at

srs1
01-05-04, 09:15 AM
if you put in the power rating then we will be able to say which are the better ones mate.

as for the long bit, well that helps seperate the bass and treble, making sure the correct speakers gets the right hertz

hasek-na
01-05-04, 09:37 AM
^^^^^^^
as he sed plus heres a link to components in the doors

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91171

baha_guy
01-05-04, 11:38 AM
if you put in the power rating then we will be able to say which are the better ones mate.

as for the long bit, well that helps seperate the bass and treble, making sure the correct speakers gets the right hertz

Peak Power 120W
30W Nominal Power
Frequency Response: 50Hz-21kHz
Sensitivity: 90dB/W/m
FIRST PIC

Integrated Component System (170W peak power)
SECOND PIC

Where would i put the 2 long things in the second pic

srs1
01-05-04, 11:41 AM
you can put it any where mate, i would suggest on the under parcel shelf at the front of the car.

Dpnova
01-05-04, 11:44 AM
you can also build them into your door card as sort of a feature 8)

baha_guy
01-05-04, 12:01 PM

Sounds good.. But if i get then i would just put them under the dash....

cooper_nova
02-05-04, 09:14 PM

Sounds good.. But if i get then i would just put them under the dash....

a good place to put the tweeters(the little ones) is on the a pillar or under the component angled out so that the sound from the component is carried up to the ear buy the tweeter( its all to do wiv sound imaging)