PDA

View Full Version : just put a weber 32/34 on my car, need to adjust idle

johnnynova
27-04-04, 04:31 PM
the jets are too big for it, as it was jetted for a bigger engine than mine, but im putting a biggerengine in soon so i cant be bothered to change the jets.
its idleing at 2200rpm, ehere is the idle screw adjust and mixture adjustment screw on the carb so i can make it run leaner.

also when i turn the enigne off it trie to keep going for about 10secs, then stops, so its over fuelling.

anything else ic an do apart from adjust idle/mixture to get the idle down?

cheers

john

snapper
27-04-04, 04:37 PM
you can try and close the second throttle flap if it's open. that being open causes irregular and higher idle.

it's on the throttle linkage side of the carb near the bottom towards the front of the carb. you'll need a small angled screwdriver to adjust it though.

Adam
27-04-04, 06:23 PM
the jets are too big for it, as it was jetted for a bigger engine than mine, but im putting a biggerengine in soon so i cant be bothered to change the jets.
its idleing at 2200rpm, ehere is the idle screw adjust and mixture adjustment screw on the carb so i can make it run leaner.

also when i turn the enigne off it trie to keep going for about 10secs, then stops, so its over fuelling.

anything else ic an do apart from adjust idle/mixture to get the idle down?

cheers

john

Can the engine running after it has been switched off also be caused by the timing being out.

But running your engine lean will also speed up the idle, richening the mixture slow it down,
so you need to adjust the idle speed.
Or just take it to a Rolling Road and have one of those test things where they will set the idle/mixture/timing using computer testing etc.
But ave a go with the idle speed screw.

Snowface
27-04-04, 06:29 PM
the mixture screw is on the back of the carb, on the right hand side near to the base plate. Think you have to poke the screw driver in a little tube that the screw is inside.

Adam
27-04-04, 06:54 PM

Well thats obviously why its over-fueling innit.