PDA

View Full Version : front window conversion

Anonymous
29-08-00, 01:48 PM
Just a thought people, probably more of a question for the Ste_sa's or mickey owens's out there. The 4 door nova has no bar in the front door windows, i was wondering wether the glass from a 4 door 'door' would fit into the 2 door one. It would probably need some faffing about with, but worth a try i spose for even more originality. If anyone tries this tell me how it went...

Anonymous
29-08-00, 01:49 PM
obviously theres gonna be some tinkering to do with the opening and locking mechanism, but could you just copy whats in the 4 door one???

Anonymous
30-08-00, 12:20 PM
Nice idea mate and it would be what we all want but unfortunatly the actual door for a four door is shorter and so is the window and if you were to find a window that were to fit you would also have to cope with the thin nova doors leaving no room for the window regulator

Anonymous
30-08-00, 06:21 PM
u wouldnt get the 4 door window in without major grief coz ov the size in the glass. u just gave me a belta ov a idea though sam, what about getting some perspex windows made up so u didnt need the bar? sounds good eh?

ull still need the bar but it will have to be placed right under the wing mirror (inside the door) so u can move it up and down. tell u what while were onto windows has anybody ever seen a nova with opening rear quarter glass? theres holes for the brackets if u take the windows out but ivenever tracked a nova down wiv em, maybe it was for hotter climates only?

Anonymous
30-08-00, 07:58 PM
Mickey, Steve Sanders is off to spain, he can get hold of the opening rear window.. im not sure what you mean about the bar under the mirror thoguh...