PDA

View Full Version : dead box picture & identification help

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 11:28 AM
been bored. got a bit excited with the digital camera.

http://www.tws.serveftp.net/mike/gearbox.jpg

need to replace it with a F13CR 5 speed.

as long as it has 3.74 CR on the end or whatever can i trust it is the right internals / gearbox.....?

http://www.tws.serveftp.net/mike/gearbox2.jpg

oops - sorry birmingham city council !

oh and thanks to the other guys - got old casette out. just need new one

Aragorn
27-04-04, 11:39 AM
hey your drive is beginning to look like mine now :D

ive got 3 pools of transmission oil over 3 adjacent parking bays in my street, when it rains or is sunny the whole area reeks of the bloody stuff

in the bay i normally park in it looks like someones taken a 1L bottle of 80w90 and poured it on the ground :lol: :lol:

Aragorn
27-04-04, 11:40 AM
and to answer your Q it should say 374C or C374 on the end plate

u MIGHT find one with 3.94 or maybe even 3.55 depending where it came from

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 11:42 AM
tell me about it!

it stinks dont it.

cant get the stains out of the slabs even with a jetwash.

told dad ill relay the drive / flip them upside down kinda thing.

been ringin round after gearboxes all day :evil: only place ive found that can garuntee a F13CR is 75 + VAT :roll:

Ste_Nova
27-04-04, 12:35 PM
it never comes off the road.. i had to rent a diamond skimmer to clean my drive :lol:

Will
27-04-04, 01:16 PM
is the F13CR box just a GTE/GSI nova one?

have you asked ben and will? 75 + vat its crazy you might as well buy a gte/gsi block! there was one for 70 F/S yesterday

then again i might be wrong and the CR F13 isnt in GTE/GSI's?

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 01:20 PM
is the F13CR box just a GTE/GSI nova one?

have you asked ben and will? 75 + vat its crazy you might as well buy a gte/gsi block! there was one for 70 F/S yesterday

then again i might be wrong and the CR F13 isnt in GTE/GSI's?

commonly found in gte and gsi yes.

although you can get anaomlies - aragorn bought a "gte box" that he saw come of a gte, yet it had some odd final drive in it and it was WR !

i did consider colin smith and will / ben.

colin hasnt got anything advertised. and im still waiting for a reply of ben about postage on some parts i asked about a month ago.....

i need the box NOW really, so have to buy it from midlands area.

Will
27-04-04, 02:00 PM
supernovas?

only if your desperate mind.......

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 02:08 PM
supernovas?

only if your desperate mind.......

JUST got of the phone to them.

got no 1600s in, only SRs and boggy models......

ah well. looks like insuring the pink beast for another week while i get sorted

Will
27-04-04, 02:12 PM
lol

i drive my mums gold nissian 1.0 micra

"golden bullet" when mines off the road!

thinks of other places in midlands....... hmmmmmmm neils old block the 1.6 "SPI"

did that have an F13CR box? he wud give you that for free unless hes thrown it out...

Will

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 02:19 PM
did that have an F13CR box? he wud give you that for free unless hes thrown it out...

Will

just going through yellow pages as we speak.

its true what you say - i could get a complete 1.6 setup and not use it for dame price as gearbox!

neils gearbox is f00ked - hence the reason for the 2litre conversion, he did it all in one go.

Will
27-04-04, 02:31 PM
bloke in kent selling a 1600 with piper cam all in for 70 no offers, if you could get there then selling the cam and the head etc etc means the box will cost pennys, in theory that is.....

mikeyredtop
27-04-04, 02:37 PM
remember ive got a a spare f13 3.74 wr, if ur desperate..

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 03:04 PM
thankyou for your help both.

if i cant find one local and i have to travel further afield ill bear them both in mind.....

Will
27-04-04, 03:34 PM
bloke on bacon selling a F13 for ?10, few probs with ti didnt read so nto sure, maybe betweent he 2 boxes you canmake one good one. worth a look

Snowface
27-04-04, 06:33 PM
mike, have look back through 'Parts wanted' tha last 2/3 pages there a F13 cr's advertised. I enquired about them at weekend and none of the 3 i found had been sold yet.

benji
27-04-04, 06:57 PM
have you tried just nova's it's in long eaton, about 5 min's from junction 25 of the M1. i'll try and find the phone numberfor you. unless philsutton comes on here first, i think he goes there alot.

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 07:11 PM
have you tried just nova's it's in long eaton, about 5 min's from junction 25 of the M1. i'll try and find the phone numberfor you. unless philsutton comes on here first, i think he goes there alot.

yeah - ?75 + VAT

but.. .. ..

my first engine i had off them.. .. ..

the gearbox had a diff, but all the innard cogs where the driveshafts go were spat out, so gearbox was no good.

the first engine block i had smoked when i put it in.

the second engine block i had as a replacement of them was scored to f00k

the second time round i learnt my lesson - and rebuit it without even putting it in, which was my intention anyway.

come to think of it - my first nova i spent ?100 on locking and windows from them. the pair of switches on the light didnt work, the other switch was busted and didnt function.

when i had my engine problems - they didnt want to know me.

i had to wait until PV2003 where i went over with dicko and some others, and started talking to them, still they didnt want to know - so i started to get a little louder, and a little louder, just so everyone in the near vacinity could here.

once there stand was empty - they realised they had to send one of their monkeys over to my car to have a look at the problem........

benji
27-04-04, 07:28 PM
never had any trouble with them myself but then again i have only had parts that either work or they dont. so it's obvious if it's fooked

novashed
27-04-04, 07:28 PM
just checked one of the boxes in the garage and i have a F13 with C374 after several others stampted on the end of the box, is that what your after?, im in northampton not far from you, you can have for a a tenner, could have a look at these 17" tyres you asked about aswell

paul

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 07:49 PM
just checked one of the boxes in the garage and i have a F13 with C374 after several others stampted on the end of the box, is that what your after?, im in northampton not far from you, you can have for a a tenner, could have a look at these 17" tyres you asked about aswell

paul

sounds like an absolute plan - best so far anyway :!: :lol:

do u know anything about the gearbox??

the casette we put in my car looked immaculate - although time has obviously shown me otherwise as it lasted approx 3 month

novashed
27-04-04, 08:00 PM
not really no, the yard i got it from is pretty trustworthy and the old boy lobs any boxes that are no good, he woyuldn't sell me one as it was going to be chucked. its ideal really as the casing needs repair to diff plate fixing holes as they are cracked, so the only useable part is the cassette and diff.
i bought it for the 1600 i was going to put in but have since nearly rebuilt a valver lump so it wont fit that engine else i would have used it, leave it to mike

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 08:05 PM
bugger - i need a diff plate cover also, spose itll be easy to get one of them though finding a f13CR is proving hard in the midlands.

ive dropped u an email

novashed
27-04-04, 08:11 PM
think ive got a cover aswell, its just the ally casing part that it bolts to that is buggered, been scraped off and cracked, ill check now for the diff plate, be back in a while

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 08:12 PM
think ive got a cover aswell, its just the ally casing part that it bolts to that is buggered, been scraped off and cracked, ill check now for the diff plate, be back in a while

ah the gearbox casing is buggered but you have a good diff plate cover?

EXCELLENT :D

novashed
27-04-04, 08:15 PM
just checked, found it straight away, have a good diff cover.

had another box that i took to bits thats why i ahve another cover, did sound strange i know, so when do wanna come and have a look/collect etc

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 08:26 PM
paul you *should* have email

mike

Gazza14SR
27-04-04, 08:29 PM

yeah - ?75 + VAT

but.. .. ..

my first engine i had off them.. .. ..

the gearbox had a diff, but all the innard cogs where the driveshafts go were spat out, so gearbox was no good.

the first engine block i had smoked when i put it in.

the second engine block i had as a replacement of them was scored to f00k

the second time round i learnt my lesson - and rebuit it without even putting it in, which was my intention anyway.

come to think of it - my first nova i spent ?100 on locking and windows from them. the pair of switches on the light didnt work, the other switch was busted and didnt function.

when i had my engine problems - they didnt want to know me.

i had to wait until PV2003 where i went over with dicko and some others, and started talking to them, still they didnt want to know - so i started to get a little louder, and a little louder, just so everyone in the near vacinity could here.

once there stand was empty - they realised they had to send one of their monkeys over to my car to have a look at the problem........

Im meant to be getting a gsi engine off them this thursday :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o havin second thoughts now :? :? :? :? :?

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 08:34 PM
when you get it off them just say to them if it dont work when i put it in - ill be coming back, and make sure theyll honour a replacement.

then youll be fine

oh - give them my regards :lol:

Gazza14SR
27-04-04, 08:40 PM
when you get it off them just say to them if it dont work when i put it in - ill be coming back, and make sure theyll honour a replacement.

then youll be fine

oh - give them my regards :lol:

I went up today to have a look and they got 9gsi engines just lying at the back of their garage so surely 1 must be a good'n lol, ive already made it clear to them that once fitted and its a pile of wank then ill be straight back.

Had any more experiences with them?

mikeoxford
27-04-04, 08:48 PM
not really.

well when i wasnt going anywhere with my 1.4 engine / mods. velos got in touch with them and asked them to do them a favour and sort me a nice gsi motor out.

when i went to collect it it was the worst looking thing i had seen in my life and i spent a day cleaning it.

only the dealings above i have had with them.