PDA

View Full Version : A GUD WAY TO IMOBILISE UR ENGINE changed for cambridge :)

te17@novasgonemad
26-04-04, 11:38 PM
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/rredfern86/images/cut%20off.bmp

rite the rd wire on the diagram is the wire that u choose to immobilise the car with eg.. starter fuel pump or wot ever,, but dont connect the relay to this wire dirrestly behind the sterring wheel as then the can detach the relay! instead follow it deeper into the dash :). the yellow is a constant + which u can get form ur clock or stereo and the blue isa ground or earth wire r1 is an automotive relay and s is the switch to operate the relay. now using the diagram create this circuit and find a good place to hide ur switch i found that under the drivers arm rst is a gud place as u can turn it on or off descretely sh!! the reason for doing it this way and not just sticking a switch in under ur dash is so that u can control it remotely from some where further away than the connecting point and becauase the switching signal wire is of such low amp loadin the wires can be so fin that u cud just run them any where and it wuold still be fine :) for a list of parts or comments then plse put it on this post cheers

sorry cambridge fixed now tho :)

TWAG
26-04-04, 11:46 PM
or just put a switch between the live wire to the fuel pump. :wink:

Stuart
27-04-04, 08:02 AM
top tip, caps lock is next to the A key!

I shant help until its converted

te17@novasgonemad
27-04-04, 10:08 PM
or just put a switch between the live wire to the fuel pump. :wink:

yeah that wud be a gud idea but i had no options but wot i sed as i have a diesel and so the fuel pump werent an option

Metromartin
30-04-04, 11:47 PM
When leaving my car in a dodgy area I pull out the coil HT lead :) Just turns over :) Ok is not a totally pratical idea everytime as opening the bonnet each time is a pain!

HTH

Martin

Stuart
01-05-04, 07:55 AM
:D

and also how many Diesils do you know that have HT leads? lol

best imob is a 3way one, which kills off the starter (low current side, solenoid), Fuel pump (most diesils should have an electronic cut off too), and the Ign coil (obv wont work on a tractor lol)

simple to do as wired up 3 times the diagram above, only with one switch, or more if you desire.

te17@novasgonemad
01-05-04, 11:17 AM
wots this about tractors lol il have u no my wiesel sound nothing like a tractor(more like a ford transit lol) and thats not a gud thing with it being ford