PDA

View Full Version : crap breaks!!!!!

bubba1
26-04-04, 11:18 PM
ive had some calipers from an astra gte 8v cabs fitted the sliders were seized now unseized
they have been bled and pressure bled but they arent right there is still to much movement in the pedal i really have to push the pedal down before they show any chance of slowing me down! any ideas of the problem they were fitted to my 92 sri nova
also i was told the astra 2.0 litre 16v has different calipers to the 8v is this true please help me out

mowgli
27-04-04, 07:13 AM
ok, the astra calipers use a bigger diameter piston to the nova. so the pedal needs to move further to push the brakes on. a good way to fix it is to actually get a cavalier/astra master cylinder and bolt it to your servo, the only thing you must do is make sure the valves fitted to the rear brake pipes(they are the hexagon shaped things on the master cylinder) have the same numbers stamped on the side as your original ones.

m.d.
27-04-04, 09:20 AM
there is a way of adjusting the pedal to move less. its on the pedal arm somewhere. like a pin or something but i cant remember how to do it. not that hard to do if i remember. if someone can remember post how cos i have this problem too :?: