PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8V TURBO???

Anonymous
22-06-01, 10:56 PM
I wanna buy a turbo for my nova gte. I'm not that bothered about bhp, i just wanna get a dump valve!!! VVVVVVRRROOOMM TTTTIIIISSSSSHH Does anyone know people who do really cheap turbos and the conversion? AND WHAT PRICE AM I LOOKING AT? :-/

Anonymous
23-06-01, 08:24 AM
next ull be adding many gears just to hear it tishhhhh.

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]

Anonymous
23-06-01, 08:38 AM
your looking at a lot of money, just for a very pointless noise. you'd be best of getting a RST or tring to find a very cheap (possiably knackerd) turbo'd engine already.

but otherwise you could just get the really gay gas can and button on the clutch that makes it go phhhuuutttt oops i mean tttiisssshhh (in your words)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
23-06-01, 10:36 AM
When you say alot of money... how much?

Anonymous
23-06-01, 11:31 AM
I was quoted ?2500 by Courtenay to fit a blower to my 1.6 gte

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
23-06-01, 04:17 PM
would be cheaper to get a 2l 16V turbo lump from sumwhere lol

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
23-06-01, 09:27 PM
Its about 3k From Courtenay now.

IMHO the problem with the 16v Turbo is that if you want it done properly...i.e. you get the chassis plated and seam welded, you are looking at a lot of cash. Its true though that they very very fast, and its the next car on my list...

Ben.

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:08 AM
This may shock a few of you, but a turbo aint neccesarily that big a deal. Ok, they sound cool as fcuk, but there not that good for instant power. I went to Southend a few weeks ago and met up with MC who has a 1.6 on twin webbers which is very fast. We then met up with a guy called Spankee who has a 1.6 GTe Turbo. His engine bay was immaculate and the rest of the car was as clean as when it left the showroom.

Now MC and Spankee had a little race at some lights. Both cars weigh about the same as they're both stripped out. Now who do you suppose won the race? Well, it was MC and his twin webbers. So I ask you, Is it worth spending all that money on a turbo, when it might not be as fast as you think? At the end of the day it's up to you, but I thought I'd share this moment with you all.

Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:37 AM
Thanx Jim!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
25-06-01, 09:44 AM
Jim, ask Breeny what he witnessed on Saturday night. Nova is victorious again!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
25-06-01, 10:25 AM
billy, a guy called 'The Turbo Doctor' (Chris) does turbo conversions for ?800...

he did one to a nova GTE in blackpool...quick isn't the word...absolutely rapid...

[-pedburnout.gif-]
(_)_)////////D suck it and see!
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
25-06-01, 11:10 AM
The guy Jim mentioned did the conversion himself, and then paid Courtenay about ?700 to sort out the ECU so it would run. The problem is that the engine is designed to be normally aspirated and when you turbo it u have to drop the compression. He has done this by using low compression pistons, and a sandwich plate between two head gaskets. The gaskets are a weak spot, but are necessary. This means that he can only safely run at 10psi (150ish bhp). He has tried 14 psi, but it blows the gaskets when pushed really hard. We probably run similar bhp, but I have a flatter torque curve and no lag. This means I can rip 3 or 4 car lengths in first gear, and carry on pulling away slowly from there on.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
25-06-01, 12:08 PM
CAN ANY1 GET EITHER A CHEAP 2.0L TURBZ OR THE TURBO DOCTORS NUMBER TA!

DUMP VALVES AWAY!!!!!!!

Anonymous
25-06-01, 12:09 PM
CAN ANY1 GET EITHER A CHEAP 2.0L TURBZ OR THE TURBO DOCTORS NUMBER TA!

DUMP VALVES AWAY!!!!!!!

Anonymous
25-06-01, 01:08 PM
Turbo Doctors number....07790925333

it's chris u need to talk to...

[-pedburnout.gif-]
(_)_)////////D suck it and see!
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
25-06-01, 04:19 PM
K+N, I see your in Epping Forrest m8, where abouts? I`m quite local m8.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\