PDA

View Full Version : center console n amp/sub on off

gary_1.2Merit
26-04-04, 05:33 PM
i want to mount a panel of sum kind over the center console to mount sum switches on, but i dont know wot to make it out of?

also, if i put a switch in the blue remote switch on amp lead, will i b able to shut off the amp, ie wen my mum nicks the car :-( she dont want reali heavi bass lol or will the subs jus sound crap coz there not bein amplified

te17@novasgonemad
26-04-04, 07:38 PM
yea m8 the switch will work and i wud make the cover out of mdf with two ledges under it either side so that it can rest on them in the cubby hole

epo
26-04-04, 10:19 PM
i was told not to put a switch on an amp as it sends a pulse through the sub = knackerin it up

ps shud really be in ice forum :wink:

te17@novasgonemad
26-04-04, 10:47 PM
keep it turned down wen u fump the switch on or use a soft sart switch either that or buy one of thos inline preout adjusters i have one next to the hed unit and u can turn the sub all the way down it will still be powered and on but will have no music signal to play there really good when u see the cops coz they no u got ur music up loud coz they can here it so dont switch it off u just cut the bass then there normally alrite with u i dont mind them now tho i got used to them 17 times i have been stopped by them and that aint in my car so i am a regular lol must be something shifty looking aboutme