PDA

View Full Version : Blooody steering wheel

lightweight racer
26-04-04, 04:47 PM
I've just spent the last 2 hours whacking hell out of my steering wheeel, trying to get it off, i've bruised both hands and the thing won't budge. So i took a rubber mallet to it, still nothing. :evil:

So much for the 'if in doubt, give it a clout' mentality!! :lol:

And yes i did loosen the nut!

Any handy tips other than " go buy a steering wheel puller" cos i only want it off once!

Lee

cooper_nova
26-04-04, 05:08 PM
put the nut bk on a clp of turns and then pull hard repeatedly in a sideways action and it will come off!( i did mine but wiv out the nut on and smacked meself in the face wiv the wheel, hences the put the nut bk on bit lol)

hope this helps fella
:D

Nath
26-04-04, 06:22 PM
lol ive seen so many people do that. do as coopernova said and u shud have no problem.

Snowface
26-04-04, 06:46 PM
(i did mine but wiv out the nut on and smacked meself in the face wiv the wheel, hences the put the nut bk on bit lol)

hope this helps fella

lmao. i can just imagine it.

benji
26-04-04, 07:05 PM
undo the nut until there is no thread sticking out. get a 1/2 " socket extension bar. put the fat end on the nut and twat the other end with a lump hammer.

failing that, buy a puller, draper do one for less than ?20

cooper_nova
26-04-04, 07:28 PM
(i did mine but wiv out the nut on and smacked meself in the face wiv the wheel, hences the put the nut bk on bit lol)

hope this helps fella

lmao. i can just imagine it.

i bet u can!!!, but its no joke being hit in the mouth by a steering wheel wiv alot of force!!!!!(well it wasn't at the time!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

~~joycey~~
26-04-04, 08:24 PM
i have done that but i did'nt hit myself in the face i flew out the fucking door !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cooper_nova
26-04-04, 08:28 PM
i have done that but i did'nt hit myself in the face i flew out the f**k door !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
bet that woz less painful than being hit in the face lol

lightweight racer
26-04-04, 08:37 PM
Okay cheers guys- i'll give it ago- hopefully without loosing some teeth :lol:

Lee

jkhilton
26-04-04, 09:22 PM
lmao! Steering wheels are a pain! some come off easily and others wont budge! I couldn't remove the one from my GSi even with a transit van, towing rope and the handbrake on in the car!!! it just bent the steering wheel. Gave up at that point, the car was being scrapped anyway :lol:

John

epo
26-04-04, 10:10 PM
i tried hittin mine with a hame move the steerin collum back and cudnt get the new one on due to it bein 2 far back so had to move it all back up

me gte one came off a piece of pish :lol:

Snowface
26-04-04, 10:27 PM
lmao! Steering wheels are a pain! some come off easily and others wont budge! I couldn't remove the one from my GSi even with a transit van, towing rope and the handbrake on in the car!!! it just bent the steering wheel. Gave up at that point, the car was being scrapped anyway :lol:

John

lmao, Transit.

(humour)No wonder u couldn't if u were using a 'Ford'. (end of humour)

cooper_nova
26-04-04, 10:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lmao!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barn
26-04-04, 11:22 PM
lol at the different steering wheel stories...

will let you know mine lads when I actually get an aftermarket one

lol

benji
26-04-04, 11:30 PM
my way worked first attempt for me
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/571big6.jpg

scott.parker
26-04-04, 11:33 PM
OH mine was a total cu*t to do it was well stuck on and i tryed for three days in the end got one off them pullers,by draper,they dont fit properly,and it took hours to mod it to fit,then it sunk into the back off the ally on my wheel,and was more of an arse to get back off.. :lol:

scott

benji
26-04-04, 11:36 PM
:D :D so even the proper tool don't work :roll:

scott.parker
26-04-04, 11:39 PM
Well it did but like i say it was sh1t fit and you need to mod it,so no it dont realy. :lol:

scott

Aragorn
26-04-04, 11:47 PM
heh i had major problems with my draper puller too

ended up using one leg of it and snapped it

second leg worked eventually :@

cooper_nova
26-04-04, 11:51 PM
heh i had major problems with my draper puller too

ended up using one leg of it and snapped it

second leg worked eventually :@

:o
:lol:

Jack
27-04-04, 09:34 AM
i was expecting my saloon wheel to be a job to remove - and it was. Didn't want to bash it too hard in case i damaged the steering column. Spent about two hours trying to get the damn thing off and it wouldn't budge. In the end just wedged a large screwdriver in behind it and smacked it (purely because i was p*ssed off) and the wheel sprung off :D

My mate got his off by loosening it and driving his car down his drive and back a few times, but i didn't want to try that in case the wheel came off and i couldn't steer :)

Aragorn
27-04-04, 12:19 PM
i drove mine for about a month with the nut loose in an effort to slacken it

didnt fucking work tho :@