PDA

View Full Version : Body parts

specialdee
26-04-04, 12:16 PM
Awrite Im buying a Nova in a few days maybe even tomorrow but i was wondering is there any parts of the body where I should look for rust or parts what could be really bad? I know that the arches can be bad and just at the doors but are there any other parts? cheers :wink:

mikeyredtop
26-04-04, 12:21 PM
cassis legs in the engine bay, bottom of doors, and any stuctural rust as this is a mo fail...

Aragorn
26-04-04, 12:42 PM
corners of boot floor and sills too

take a ball pein hammer with u and give all the know trouble areas a tap with it, if its fucked it will prolly collapse in

cooper_nova
26-04-04, 04:52 PM
suspension turrets and front cross member are one's to watch out for too

Jack
27-04-04, 07:58 AM
Battery tray also has a habit of holding water and rotting

m.d.
27-04-04, 09:14 AM
where the back seat footwells are too. deffo check the boot floor srround the towing eye. i had to almost rebuild that corner on mine on the last 3 novas ive had. dont let it put you off too much to as it can all be welded. (as long as its not too bad anyway.

check to see that all the lines of the car line up properly too. like doors to pillars. wings etc. its a sure fire way to see if its been in a smash before.

-Bruce-
27-04-04, 10:09 AM
i would check rear arches also (obvious) in the boot on both sides in the corners. on both corners of the slam panel and the joins to the front wings!! this will give you a clue as how bad the inner wings are!!

Jon_nova1
27-04-04, 04:21 PM
Along the sill where you put the jack especially near the arches.
and lift up the carpet (on the inside)where the arch is