PDA

View Full Version : FREE

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 11:23 AM
having been acused of being stingy, selfish, and god knows what else. - thanks :!:

any parts i have advertised over the last few days can be taken away for BEER TOKENS - nothing more nothing less.

:arrow: a best friend from college has died yesterday - dodgy circumstances, forensics are all over the house :?

:arrow: my parents are moaning at all the space im taking up

:arrow: my gearbox has decided to pack up.

need little money to fix it.

so anyone who wants to come and take ANYTHING (bar my car!) away for a few pence is more than welcome.

Ste_Nova
26-04-04, 12:07 PM
sister?

mikeyredtop
26-04-04, 12:15 PM
ive got a spare g/box f13 3.74 wr a bit diffrent from ur 4.18 cr i know, but u can have 4 small monies or in exchange 4 somate

Jack
26-04-04, 12:15 PM
:lol:

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 12:19 PM
any of the car breakers wanna come and collect everything?

youd need a trailer. and an estate or 7.5 ton or something

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 12:21 PM
sister?

fraid not.

could take my mother if u wanted - stop her moaning and all.

shes over the hill though.

mr red top i may have to seriously consider that - im about to take my gbox sump off to see whats what

Jim
26-04-04, 12:42 PM
having been acused of being stingy, selfish, and god knows what else. - thanks :!:

This is blatently aimed at me Mike. Why have you put this post up, are you wanting moral support from people? Why don't you tell them the full story?

If you've been having such a shit time recently, why didn't you explain this? Had I known the circumstance I wouldn't have been as blunt as I was. I'm not a mind reader!

Jim

Will
26-04-04, 12:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ill have

Alternator Lowering bracket sets for use with twin 40s

the block

the T40 inlet

and whatever else your giving away please

:D

Breeny
26-04-04, 12:59 PM
Free??

Cool, can I have...

2 calenders, a set of top trumps.. oh wait there not printed.. umm ok

Can I have..

Wills bits? Can't remember whether you have sent them yet?
What about the ISO plug for Festers car?? Ah no my mistake you sent that aswell after months and months..
Jims O rings? If you send them to me he might actually get them sometime this year..
Hows about Rick Marlands alloy bits?

No? Oh ok then.. :roll:

Will
26-04-04, 01:19 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

laughing out loud in the office has made some ppl here give me funny looks, thats the bset post ive read in ages

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:24 PM
wasnt aimed at anyone

i need space

and i want to get rid of stuff

if i have "such" a bad reputation - giving stuff away free might get rid of it

oh

and if anyone has a F13 CR casette for sale? the one corsa nova has sold me lasted about 3 month

Will
26-04-04, 01:27 PM
so wen can we collect all your free stuff then

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:27 PM
If you've been having such a s**t time recently, why didn't you explain this? Had I known the circumstance I wouldn't have been as blunt as I was. I'm not a mind reader!

Jim

support?

its not like im looking to cry on anyones shoulder. just want to get on with people on here, which combined with other things im finding VERY hard to do right now.

no wonder so many people come and go.........

i cant "explain" or talk about things with people on here. cos no1 respects me enough or is that close to me.

still - everyone can continue in their friendships groups.......

ive made an effort.

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:30 PM
Free??

Cool, can I have...

2 calenders, a set of top trumps.. oh wait there not printed.. umm ok

Can I have..

Wills bits? Can't remember whether you have sent them yet?
What about the ISO plug for Festers car?? Ah no my mistake you sent that aswell after months and months..
Jims O rings? If you send them to me he might actually get them sometime this year..
Hows about Rick Marlands alloy bits?

No? Oh ok then.. :roll:

wills had all his bits. and if he wishes to collect the rest of the stuff outlined below he can fvck!ng take it.......

i wasnt aware fester needed the loom, and at the time i said if i could find one he could have it.

which i duly did and sent.

jims rings? had i have made it to CP on sunday - BEFORE BLOWING MY GEARBOX he would have had them there and then - instead as agreed i posted them this morning.

and rick? i only receieved the stuff from him today - so dont even go there! his should have arrived this morning.

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:33 PM
i cant "explain" or talk about things with people on here. cos no1 respects me enough or is that close to me.

how can i even begin to explain how i feel having a BEST friend DIE

how can you POSSIBLY even BEGIN to CONSIDER how that feels.

Barn
mate, don't give away free stuff, thats not the way to get on with people. people will just take advantage :roll: . It doesn't help though mate that you have not sent/took ages to send peoples parts...thats obviously gunna p*ss them off.

Chin up mate

Will
could we have a break down on the delay times for each item mentioned? approx of cause, you can do it in months and yrs no need for weeks.

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:37 PM
could we have a break down on the delay times for each item mentioned? approx of cause, you can do it in months and yrs no need for weeks.

can u shut up and listen little boy.

A BEST FRIEND IS DEAD and all your worried about is draggin stuff up from the passed

and FFS hang on a minute

4 or 5 items............. out of hoooooooow many?

and another point to consider.......

a couple of times ive been shit at sorting stuff out, but its not like ive not acted upon it / not done anything about it.

im off

theres free tickets and a stand pass to whoever ian desires to send it out to as well.

in fact ian if u read - please send to stu.

Will
26-04-04, 01:41 PM
sorry abt things going on in your personal life and with your best friend passing away. but as you say its none of our business and we cant begin to think what its like, therefore i dont feel the need to bring it up in this discussion because this has been an on going thing for months, i shall leave it there.

Will

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:45 PM
therefore i dont feel the need to bring it up in this discussion because this has been an on going thing for months, i shall leave it there. Will

yeah?

so what was all the previous posts about?

not bringing stuff up?

thats what all you lot do.

jump on the band wagon and all join in.

yes i f!ck up

but i sort it out after.

Will
26-04-04, 01:50 PM
i believe both mine and jims reasons are justified, everyone else has there own opinion on the matter thats there choice.

would you wait that long for parts? no, your car wouldnt be finished / nearly finished if you had done......

This isnt the place but the topic was started by yourself and directed at jim, dont say it wasnt because theres no way you would have posted it otherwise.

Will

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 01:57 PM
will when will you ever listen / understand :(

i genuinely just want rid of everything

there dosent always have to be a hidden agenda.

it was a genuine post aimed at genuine people

not people who wanted to ridicule me and make me feel worse.

some people on here may make use of some items that i dont have a use for anymore

now in anger and frsutration - you lot have already cost me a keyboard

i dont care if people think im being an idiot or crying or whatever

i have feelings too.

Ste_Nova
26-04-04, 02:00 PM

how can i even begin to explain how i feel having a BEST friend DIE

how can you POSSIBLY even BEGIN to CONSIDER how that feels.

i can... one of my mates died in a car crash.... i was the first on the scene... walked over.. checked his pulse, there wasn't one, my passenger turned round and threw up.. i was like wtf! shit happens he's dead

Jim
26-04-04, 02:06 PM
If all you wanted to do was post free items for sale, then this should have gone in the for sale section. However, you obviously wanted to get a few things of your chest.

Mike, you only give yourself a bad reputation by letting people down. It's a known fact that someone will tell 10 people of a bad experience, yet only 5 people of a good experience. This in turn will reflect on how people respect you.

I've always been polite to you even though I've heard countless stories from individuals about you letting them down, yet I still trusted you to sort me out. 4 months of waiting for a part that cost ?10 was a p**s take to be honest, and I think you know this.

Maybe you need to swallow some pride and apologise for letting people down. It's up to you if you come to PV or not.

Jim

Mel
26-04-04, 02:07 PM
Really sorry to hear about ur best mate Mike, if you ever need to talk, im here.

Guys, give him a break, he deserves that. Mike's a cool guy, i have never had a problem with him.

if you do have a problem with each other, then surely its best to keep it to PM/MSN etc, REGARDLESS of who started it.

Mike needs comfort now, not you lot slagging him off :roll:

:rant:

Nath
i had to comment on this and guys give mike a break. fair enuf about the parts but its not time to have a moan at him now is it. hes come and genuinly advertised that he wants to get rid of parts. just give him a break.

enough said

mikeoxford
i can... one of my mates died in a car crash.... i was the first on the scene... walked over.. checked his pulse, there wasn't one, my passenger turned round and threw up.. i was like wtf! s**t happens he's dead

she

mikeoxford
26-04-04, 02:17 PM
If all you wanted to do was post free items for sale, then this should have gone in the for sale section. However, you obviously wanted to get a few things of your chest.

in the parts for sale section i advertisedf stuff to be paid for.

i wanted to tell people that it werent gona cost anything.

I've always been polite to you even though I've heard countless stories from individuals about you letting them down, yet I still trusted you to sort me out. 4 months of waiting for a part that cost ?10 was a p**s take to be honest, and I think you know this.

polite? yup. u have. ill grant u that. countless stories? post them up in a sticky saying avoid this seller then. because i could count the amount of times ive let people down on one hand.

and even then - theres a big diffrence between letting people down, and just messing up here and there. ive sorted everything eventually and done my best.

Maybe you need to swallow some pride and apologise for letting people down. It's up to you if you come to PV or not.

Jim

apologise? i spend my entire time trying to do the right thing and keep everyone else happy.

im not going to apologise for the way i feel or the things ive said. if there have been problems or whatever ive always been the first to apologise. i came on the internet today to send you a nice email to explain about my gearbox and to tell you i had posted the items WHEN YOU TOLD ME TO - AS WE AGREED. prior to the weekend.

if i came to PV or not.... would i be missed :lol: :!: :roll:
LMFAO there wouldnt even be a comment passed.

still. im not shooting myself in the foot - im exploring other ways to get there.

Jim
26-04-04, 02:50 PM
You still don't get it Mike. The point is I trusted you to get me these parts straight away. Everytime I've spoken to you about it, theres been one reason or another why you hadn't sent the parts.

When I said to you on MSN that you could post them on Monday I was really hoping it wouldn't come to that. Even when I was chatting to you I had the distinct impression that you had no intention of going to CP's (gearbox blowing or not). Whatever happened, you still could have sent me a text mesage saying you wern't going to make it to CP's. I'm assuming you had to wait a little while for the tow truck to pick you up, in that time did it occur to you to text me?

Whats happened has happened, but don't worry Mike, this situation wont happen again.

Jim

Ste_Nova
26-04-04, 02:54 PM
i can... one of my mates died in a car crash.... i was the first on the scene... walked over.. checked his pulse, there wasn't one, my passenger turned round and threw up.. i was like wtf! s**t happens he's dead

she

just cause its a bird makes it no different.... she was still just a mate unless...

Chris_W
26-04-04, 03:04 PM
Jesus :o
I thought this was supposed to be a place for grown ups! I'd love to know how we've managed to take a post offering parts for free into a personal attack on another member, some people obviously have too much time and read too much into things. I knew this post was coming because:
a) When I picked my car up the other month I was at Mike's house when he was getting an ear bashing off his parents about all the crap he's got filling up the garage.
b) I knew he'd blown his gearbox up.
If you've got issues with another member, then fine, take it up with them in a PM, but don't use a public forum to air your dirty laundry unless it really is needed. I know people have had problems with Mike on here, but I know I've also had to deal with being messed about by a few others who have posted in this thread, so your not angels yourselves, remember that before you stick the boot in!
Jim, I know the situation your in, and I understand your frustrations, but I can tell you now, if I blew my gearbox, ringing someone about some parts would be the least of my worries. Anyway, i'll leave you 2 to sort out that problem, but the rest of you should act your ages, leave the kids to sites like corsasport and rb.

Chris

PS. If there's a mod out there I think it might be time to lock this!

mikeyredtop
26-04-04, 03:09 PM
ive bought stuff off mike and hes been fine with it... :)
a mate of mine drown in his car after he went in a canal a couple of yrs back, i watched my brother get flipped over a car smashed the windscreen with his head then landed 10 meters further down the road, broke a load of bones... i think watching someone close suffer or die is worse than dieing urself.... :|

Breeny
26-04-04, 03:09 PM
Gonna lock this now...

I think Mike has realised he has pissed a lot of people off in the past (and current)

Maybe this needs laying to rest now, this could have been easily avoided with just a little courtesy on Mikes behalf. (Like actually sending stuff when you said you had)

Mike condolences for the loss of your friend, I know how you feel. Everyone has troubles in there life, your in a far better situation that a lot of people I know.

If you wish to advertise your stuff for free, post a topic up in the For Sale section, I'm sure you'll get a lot of emails.

Take a chill pill everyone, look at the weather 8)

Hope to see you and your car at PV Mike, at the end of the day we're all here for one thing..