PDA

View Full Version : TIBERIAN SUN - Help!

_JH_
25-04-04, 10:56 PM
Right. I'm no computer sprite but I do like a bit of command and conquer. In fact Tiberian Sun is the only game I have lol. Anyone here know it?

I'm stuck. In both GDI and NOD levels I have reached a point I just cannot do. I gave up about a year ago but found the cds while clearing out a cupboard and decided to have another go.

This level, called salvage operation on NOD, starts like this:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/magburner/nova/salvageoperation.jpg

Ok as you can see I have killed a couple of troops already. I know the radar is to the top left and the alien ship appears, and I know If I go right I'll lose all my troops trying to get past the guns. Whatever I do I just get slaughtered. Any ideas? Am I missing something? I just sneak around trying to get close to the ship and end up dead lol

Nath
26-04-04, 09:35 AM
never played that one m8 but i did love command and conquer generals.

Alex
26-04-04, 01:18 PM
Ive completed TS a couple of times now. When i get home if I can be arsed Ill have a go at the level and tell you how to start

Jack
26-04-04, 01:59 PM
Hack the rules file and equip your engineers with railguns :twisted:

Breeny
26-04-04, 03:16 PM
Hack? I'd hardly call opening the .inf file in notepad hacking :lol:

Alex
26-04-04, 03:40 PM
that does take the fun away as it is no longer a challenge though

Jack
26-04-04, 03:52 PM
lol thats about as far as my technical knowledge goes i'm afraid Breeny :lol:

and yeah it can remove the challenge... but still can be fun. I used to use it to modify units on both sides, so in a way it made some things harder.

Anyway, this faq contains a level by level walkthrough, so ought to give you a few ideas on how to progress: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/453/453545p1.html

hth

_JH_
26-04-04, 10:02 PM
lol. about 5 mins of posting that I selected all my troops/vehicles and told them to shoot the train as it whizzes by at first. next thing i'm the other side of the level and I collect this crate and it says mission complete. didn't even have to uses engineers or anything :oops:

epo
02-05-04, 09:35 AM
ive just bought the game only ?4.99 in blockbusters but one of the cd's dont work so i gotta take it back :evil:

Dpnova
02-05-04, 10:09 AM
The games are quite adictive, i played red alert 2 for a while but generals is the best one if you have a pc that can run it

epo
02-05-04, 10:44 AM
i dont mines only a p3 900 like so cant play it i dont recon

but i play red alert 2 alot and rouge spear online alot