PDA

View Full Version : busy day stripping

benji
25-04-04, 07:21 PM
stripped out the back of my car today. 51kg came out (i weighed it)
should be able to show the zetec s i raced on saturday night a clean pair of heel's now.

has anyone else raced a zetec s. this one was quick on acecleration and i could not gain much on him. when he was chasing me it was the same story, he started about 3 car length's back @ 30mph, by the time we were doing 100 he had dropped back a bit but not enough for me to say i convincingly beat him

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/PICT0017.JPG

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/PICT0019.JPG

Will
25-04-04, 07:24 PM
51kg yup those seat belts weight shit loads!!

looks clean under there your lucky its a mk1 no sound deadening crap there :D

benji
25-04-04, 07:31 PM
it's a B reg. never had any seat belts

benji
25-04-04, 07:32 PM
It did have this though

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/PICT0014.JPG

Adam
25-04-04, 08:12 PM
Your floor looks fukin mint, especially for a B-reg, apart from that spot of rust you found.
Looks good mate

scott.parker
25-04-04, 08:23 PM
most nova's get rust in there mine did,but it's all gone now.

scott

epo
25-04-04, 09:34 PM
i driven me dads zetec s found a really nippy and a well good drive

ps car looks mint

Dpnova
25-04-04, 09:59 PM
nice one

dave.gsi
25-04-04, 10:40 PM
i spent the day fitting a new passenger side door.

4 hours later and i'm finished :roll:

although i did take the old door to the tip then realised when i got back that i hadnt taken the central locking motor off :twisted:

plus i bent the hinge pin tool nicely :lol:

dave.gsi
25-04-04, 10:45 PM
oh and i bought an angle grinder to finish off the job off lmfao

Dpnova
25-04-04, 10:49 PM
i bent my hindge pin tool aswell, angle griners the best way

Stuart
25-04-04, 11:06 PM
i got busy with the spot weld drill today. you can remove 2Kg just by taking the rear seat brackets out, and the extra thing thats over the tunnel at the front.

benji
26-04-04, 12:45 AM
i got busy with the spot weld drill today. you can remove 2Kg just by taking the rear seat brackets out, and the extra thing thats over the tunnel at the front.

i thought about that, but it is pointless while i still have my rear side panel's, door cards, electric window's, central locking, stereo........ you get the picture

Tazzy
26-04-04, 01:00 AM
i was thinking of stripping my car out, but then i thought, taxis are no good without a back seat!

Nath
26-04-04, 09:02 AM
u seen the supercharger kit u can get for the fiesta zetec now :o i think i will strip my 205 out once i get it.

m.d.
26-04-04, 09:22 AM
there must be loads more weight you car take out of there mate. all the rear quater pannel cards. front carpets, centre dash console. front door cards. that will be another 20 kg i recon. get some nice ally sheet to cover all the holes tho. makes all the dofference.

Jules
26-04-04, 10:50 AM
has anyone else raced a zetec s. this one was quick on acecleration and i could not gain much on him. when he was chasing me it was the same story, he started about 3 car length's back @ 30mph, by the time we were doing 100 he had dropped back a bit but not enough for me to say i convincingly beat him

Killed one from a set of light and upto about 70 (Duel carrigeway) when I was 2 up in my car and he was on his own in the Zetec S.
This was in my 1.6T40, no headwork or bottom end work, just the twin 40's and exhaust, plus I had full ICE install / interior etc etc.

benji
26-04-04, 05:04 PM
there must be loads more weight you car take out of there mate. all the rear quater pannel cards. front carpets, centre dash console. front door cards. that will be another 20 kg i recon. get some nice ally sheet to cover all the holes tho. makes all the dofference.

i thought i'd see how i got on with the lacj of rear seats before i went to town on it