PDA

View Full Version : car runs then stalls out

nova_172
24-04-04, 05:53 PM
my nova 1.2i has jus started rhese symptons, takes a while 2 start up then misfires alot then evens out, the revs raise and the orange warning light comes on that looks like a pump or sommat(the one on the left in the middle,clocks with no rev counter) tehn it slowly decreases the revs until it stalls, but can be kept idling if reved.
any help will be appreciated.

Adam
24-04-04, 08:33 PM
Check you oil level,
the light you said comes on is the oil pressure warning light. Is it like an oil can with a drop coming out of it????
I don't really know if the oil is causing the problem, it may be. Or it sounds like the timing may be out.

nova_172
24-04-04, 08:45 PM
its the orange light it looks like a box with some valves in it like a pump, thaks 4 the reply.

Adam
24-04-04, 09:03 PM
Is it a battery with -/+ in.
If it is then your alternator is kanckered.
Does it look like this:-
http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/battery.jpg

nova_172
25-04-04, 09:50 PM
i had anova looks its just below the handbrake warning light its like a box with 2 gaps at in each end like inlet and outlet ports, and it has a electic symbol in the middle like lightning.

Aragorn
26-04-04, 12:40 PM
the only orange warning light on an injection nova is the engine management light

topbuzz has a guide that shows you how to read out the error codes from the ECU

nova_172
26-04-04, 05:52 PM
ye thats the one the trouble is i dont think it flashes 4 the fault code it just comes on then stalls out, i will hav anova look is topbuzz a web site ive neva heard of it, thanks.