PDA

View Full Version : Worst day of my life!

Tazzy
24-04-04, 03:28 PM
i love my car, its my pride and joy, it means alot to me as my nan give me the money to buy a car for my birthday, she died early february, so it has sentimental value!

anyway, ive spent alot of time, money, effort, heartache on the car, not only did i swap it for a gte i had (cheerz Gray) and not only have a spent well over a grand of parts for it, but ive made sure the car is fine, security wise, safety wise and general running (apart from the back box hanging with cable ties!) also, ive taken every precaution to make sure the car is fine, thanks to adam, i was going to put on better brakes just to be on the safe side!

anyway, to cut to the point, was on a dual carridgeway today, the woman in front in a 4x4 (you know whats coming!) slowly swurfed to the left as if she was going to stop at the curb side, so, automatically, i was going to over take in a understable monourvour around her as i was going straight ahead! so as shes pulled in front, ive skidded into her side!

but no, as she was at the end of the dual carridgeway (and lost!) shes turned right and indicated right at the same time, not giving me any time in indicated her actions, as she was going to turn back on herself on the daul carridgway! if she used her mirrors, she would of seen me!

her car?

a nice big rav 4, hard as f*** with a little dent in the plastic which can be pulled out by hand!

my car?

a right off, front bumper mount is sticking out, off side lights all smashed (but bulbs still work!) bent wing, bonnet, and inner arch (making it a right off!)

and as the car is older than 10 yrs old, the insurers are gonna right it off, and give me a courtesay car for the mean time!

i might be a new driver in a nova, but my knowledge is still all fresh, i obey the law, i drive safely, i have 7 rules in my car...

1. no eating
2. no drinking
3. no smoking
4. no drugs
5. no weapons
6. no pets
7. i dont start the car until everyone has their seat belt on

but i still want my baby, and ive still got to pay ?500 excess, i dont want a courtesy car (unless its a porsche!) i want my car!

i feel like sh!t! my baby is no more, the ?5k plans for it are no more!

(sorry for the post being so long!, im still a bit shakey)

Col_Mk1
24-04-04, 03:47 PM
sorry 2 hear that mate get a nova nova and tranfer everthing lol

epo
24-04-04, 03:48 PM
gutted mate sorry to hear that

Tazzy
24-04-04, 03:56 PM
ive got a feeling things will get worst, i think villa are gonna lose to 'villasboro!' (middlesbrough!)

i will have to transfer everything, but ive still gotta pay 500 excess, no money for another car, and theres too much stuff on the car, i just want to keep my baby, i just hope they can pull the inner arch back in place!

i dont want another nova, i want my nova!

Nath
24-04-04, 04:57 PM
gutted to hear about your car m8 but at least the villa won wohooooo!

theres only 1 rodney trotter!

Tazzy
24-04-04, 05:27 PM
thats one good thing!

Villa won!

but ive still got to find 500 for the excess, and another X ammount for a new car, im skint in a cr*ppy part time job!

this means now im gonna have to use taxis and buses now!

taxis are extorsionate and buses stink of old ppl and p*ss!

jkhilton
24-04-04, 05:51 PM
lmao@ the public transport thing. I parked my car at my dads in Stockport yesterday and had to get from offerton to manchester. in a car I can do it in about 20 mins, by public transport, I got a bus and a train and then the metro over to deansgate locks, in total it took around 2 hours!!!! buses and trains are fcuking useless!!!

harsh about your car, hope you can sort something out.

John

Nath
24-04-04, 07:53 PM
im selling mine m8 aslong as i can afford to insure this 205 gti i want off my cousin. if your intrested pm me.

Adam
24-04-04, 08:03 PM
lmao@ the public transport thing. I parked my car at my dads in Stockport yesterday and had to get from offerton to manchester. in a car I can do it in about 20 mins, by public transport, I got a bus and a train and then the metro over to deansgate locks, in total it took around 2 hours!!!! buses and trains are fcuking useless!!!

harsh about your car, hope you can sort something out.

John

What about me, i have to get a bus everyday, there and back. Totally shite, i would rather walk.

Mel
24-04-04, 08:07 PM
gutted..unlucky mate, hope you can get it sorted!

but i still gotta stress, not ALL women drivers are shit :wink:

Ste_Nova
25-04-04, 11:35 AM
why do you have to pay a ?500 xs... it's her fault!... get a pay out for your car buy it back for ?50 and use the pay out to fix it with 2nd hand parts

dan_mk1
25-04-04, 03:50 PM
im selling mine m8 aslong as i can afford to insure this 205 gti i want off my cousin. if your intrested pm me.

mate, arnt you 17?

Nath
25-04-04, 06:20 PM
18 next week. and ive got it insured for ?1020, thats with liverpool vixtoria but my cousin had it insured with adrian flux and has told me to do the same.

Tazzy
26-04-04, 12:13 AM
why do you have to pay a ?500 xs... it's her fault!... get a pay out for your car buy it back for ?50 and use the pay out to fix it with 2nd hand parts

she wont admit to it though, but if she does, i get the money back (which is very unlikely!) plus ontop, i will have to pay this months instalment (90) also, ive they right off my car (which they will) they will need ot fork out for the new front end (about 1500) and more money next yr in the policy!

im screwed, i should of moved to watford when i had the chance!

but, if they do right it off, instead of taking everything of it (as they will let me keep what i want, but theres too much stuff on there) i will just take out a ?2k loan from the bank, buy the car back, and do all the work myself, which might cost a little less, and heopfully, have enough lizzies left over to buy some stuff off mike!

Jack
26-04-04, 09:10 AM
also, ive they right off my car (which they will) they will need ot fork out for the new front end (about 1500)

New front end ?1500? My entire front end was reshaped into an inverted V when i hit a concrete fence post, whole front slam panel needed work, arches, two wings, bonnet, radiator, headlights etc, as well as drivers door and sill plate requiring work.... a few weeks on the jig and a shade over ?1000 later and she was back in the right shape. And that was using parts that weren't particularly cheap either.

Aragorn
26-04-04, 01:12 PM
she turned into your lane so its her fault.....

and whats with the excess? that would imply your fully comp?

they wont even GIVE u ?500 for the car as a pay out so why the hell even bother claiming off it??

Mel
26-04-04, 03:37 PM
as she hit you and she moved into ur lane, then SHE's at fault and you should claim off her..

Aragorn: why wont he get ?500 for it? I got ?720 for my 1.2 last year when it was written off :? (no excess was paid by me cause it wasnt my fault)

Tazzy
26-04-04, 07:12 PM
i will need a new - slam panel, left wing, left headlamp and indicator, bonnet, bumper and inner arch

the inner arch has folded and basically crushed the headlamp and ignition coil, ive taken pics just need to get them developed!

i am insured fully comp, im gonna have to pay the 500 as well as this months installment, 90!

as the repair will cost around 1500, they would just prefer to right it off, as the value of the repair is more than the value of the car, so her insurance will proly only offer me about 200/300 and right it off!

but im gonna keep the car, get a loan from the bank for about 2k and rebuild it myself, i dont want another car, i sick of being asked 'why dont you just buy another car?' or 'why spend 5k on modifying it, why not just buy a new car for 5k?' basically, what ever car i have, im gonna spend 6k on it anyway!

ive got a car, my car, i want my car, i dont want any other car, this car means alot to me, its got sentimentel value that no one understands!

sorry, the whole situation is getting to me!

if she does admit fault (which she wont) ill get the 500 back and her insurance will pay out, but as they wont be willing to and she wont admit fault, ive now lost my car, 500 excess, my ncb for next yr, 1000 worth of parts and the insurance will go up higher next yr!

all because some stupid ass dippy bitch wasnt looking what she was doing! it would just be my look if she was using the mobile but i didnt see it!

krobinson
26-04-04, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident.. At the end of the day, its good to see that your ok! It would have been alot worse if you'd been injured!

Chin up, and i hope you get the car sorted and back to a state where your happy with it!!

Keith

Will
26-04-04, 08:28 PM
18 next week. and ive got it insured for ?1020, thats with liverpool vixtoria but my cousin had it insured with adrian flux and has told me to do the same.

flux is 19+

Tazzy
26-04-04, 09:06 PM
this might sound silly (and impossible) but id prefer me to be injured and my car not to be a right off, than for me to be ok, and my car to be a right off!

at least i could get better and i still keep my car!

ive got a feeling that its all gonna go against me, because as everyone will see it, shes the mother (her baby wasnt in the car but she tried the guilt trick! -'if my baby was in the car you would really be in trouble') who was hit by a young inexperianced nova driver 'boyracer'!

the fact that she was in the wrong and i hit her side, and i wasnt actually acting like a boyracer, i was merely trying to get to my destination, wont matter!

her car is worth more than mine, its a 4x4, mines a 12 yr old nova!

nuff said!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg gggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bl00dy woman drivers (no offence to any female driver son here!)

epo
26-04-04, 09:59 PM
this might sound silly (and impossible) but id prefer me to be injured and my car not to be a right off, than for me to be ok, and my car to be a right off!

at least i could get better and i still keep my car!

ive got a feeling that its all gonna go against me, because as everyone will see it, shes the mother (her baby wasnt in the car but she tried the guilt trick! -'if my baby was in the car you would really be in trouble') who was hit by a young inexperianced nova driver 'boyracer'!

the fact that she was in the wrong and i hit her side, and i wasnt actually acting like a boyracer, i was merely trying to get to my destination, wont matter!

dont worry about the value of the cars like that mate i was hit by a new astra when i had my mk1 feista worth ?100 at most and because it was his fault he'd jumped the lights on amber the insurers decided it was his fault

her car is worth more than mine, its a 4x4, mines a 12 yr old nova!

nuff said!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg gggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

bl00dy woman drivers (no offence to any female driver son here!)

Ste_Nova
27-04-04, 09:04 AM
ive got a feeling that its all gonna go against me

http://www.canter-law.co.uk/ < get onto them.... get it sorted

Jack
27-04-04, 10:23 AM
I'd do as ste suggested and get some advice from a legal angle... if she still wants to get arsey and trying to blame it on you, tell her you want to get an assessor to look at angle of damage and all that, it ought to prove she drove into you. Also, you said you skidded into her, indicating you had to stop quickly - because she pulled out in front of you.

Bottom line is... she swerved to the right, and drove into you. She hit you; her fault.

badnova
27-04-04, 09:24 PM
hope it all works out for you mate

Tazzy
28-04-04, 08:31 PM
my boss said today what i should do is cancel the claim, (this will enable me not to have to pay the ?500 excess, plus i wont lose my NCB and my premium wont go up next year!) but phone her, and offer to pay for the damage out of my own pocket on her car, but that will also leave me short to pay the damage on my car!

which... i might be able to get done for less that what the insurance engineer quoted me!

but if the car is a right off, then im facked till november, as i will have to pay 90 a month for a car that is sitting on the scrap heap, plus, i wont be able to afford to buy another car, as i will have to insure that as well, i cant afford to pay tw polices in one yr, its impossible on a part time bar job!

should i do this?

the other way is to file the accident, pay the 500 excess, lose my NCB, pay the higher premium next yr, pay for the damage to my car only, and continue to pay off this yrs policy and use taxis and busses till novemeber!

i also wont be able to go to another football match this yr or drive another car, or my worst fear, go to max power live! :cry:

Cheese
29-04-04, 12:58 AM
If what you said in the first post is what really happened, then stop worrying about paying for stuff, talk to your insurance company and explain what happened again, get some legal advice as has already been suggested and see where you stand!!

Ste_Nova
29-04-04, 08:56 AM
is the car drivable????

drive it up to mine and i'll hammer it straight

Tazzy
29-04-04, 07:27 PM
cheerz ste, but my car is saved!

a friend has just had a look at my car as he deals with body repair, it so happens as well that he works for b&h panels, the company the insurance are linked with in assessing damage!

i told him they said they would right it off, and basically, he said he could fix it for less than what they were saying, he can pick me up parts for a few quid (mk2 wing, ?20) and, he will even line up the wing himself and wont charge as much as b&h stated!

im sorted! fank fack!

ive got pics of the damage, is anyone able to host them for me please so i could show youll the inprint of a rav4? lol

all i gotta do now is get the insurance guys off me back!

cheerz!

Nath
29-04-04, 07:30 PM
yeah i can host them 4 ya m8. add my msn silky_nath@hotmail.com

Tazzy
29-04-04, 07:49 PM
cheerz, added ya!