PDA

View Full Version : How to get the door vinyl off

dunova
24-04-04, 10:10 AM
Anyone know how to get the door vinyl off without leaving a mess?I've been told boiling water will do the job-anyone know?

rysmee
24-04-04, 10:53 AM
use a heat gun to gently warm it up(not too hot or you'll ruin the paint work) then peel it off as gently as u can. if your lucky most of it comes off in big chunks like this and the little bits that stay just take a cloth a tiny bit of t-cut to them. oh, and plenty of friends to help you as your arm will be knackerd after ten min!

epo
24-04-04, 02:00 PM
its best done on a warm day also use autoglyms bug and tar remover thatll get the glue off the vinyal leaves behind

Toby
24-04-04, 11:30 PM
Personally, i think vinyl is retro cool but if you must insist on removing it use a heatgun like rysmee says but also try using a small amount of white spirit as you peel it away, this helps the glue come off in rolls. Dont set you car or youself on fire though

acf8181
06-05-04, 04:55 PM
if there's any sign of rust underneath the vinal (very common at the front of the doors), then don't bother...as it'll be a lot worse when you get the vinal off! just ask rysmee!

VAUXRACER
06-05-04, 05:37 PM
I FIT VINYL MATE AS A JOB JUST GET INDUSTRIAL GLUE REMOVER AFTER UVE PEELED THEM OFF BUT DONT GO MAD WITH IT OR IT WILL F**K THE PAINT WORK!!

epo
06-05-04, 06:33 PM
if there's any sign of rust underneath the vinal (very common at the front of the doors), then don't bother...as it'll be a lot worse when you get the vinal off! just ask rysmee!

thats the same prob i had took the vinyal off and a few little bits of rust cam through sorted most of it out now tho