PDA

View Full Version : another nova

-Bruce-
24-04-04, 08:17 AM
ok i thought i would be able to get insured with CIS on my 1.4srT40, but they thought about it for a week and they said no. They do a specially deal for under 25 year old drivers on ther dads policy.
I phoned up lost of insurance compnays yesterday and they all said NO. not a big suprise really, as im only 17 and have quit a fast car. me and my dad will use my 1.4srT40 as a track car as we have a trailer.

so im looking at a GTE, i think i will be able to get insured with CIS on a GTE as i got insured with them on my 205GTi. (but i will have to check before i buy one).
what sort of price am i looking at for one that is totaly standard (as i like the standard look, ok if it had a chip on air filter) and has good bodywork? and does anyone know of any?

cheers

Bruce

Will
24-04-04, 09:44 AM
ok i thought i would be able to get insured with CIS on my 1.4srT40, but they thought about it for a week and they said no. They do a specially deal for under 25 year old drivers on ther dads policy.
I phoned up lost of insurance compnays yesterday and they all said NO. not a big suprise really, as im only 17 and have quit a fast car. me and my dad will use my 1.4srT40 as a track car as we have a trailer.

so im looking at a GTE, i think i will be able to get insured with CIS on a GTE as i got insured with them on my 205GTi. (but i will have to check before i buy one).
what sort of price am i looking at for one that is totaly standard (as i like the standard look, ok if it had a chip on air filter) and has good bodywork? and does anyone know of any?

cheers

Bruce

CIS wont insure you on a car above group 10 until your 25 unless they have changed there policy........

cis are shit, only good for the any driver under your dad business when your 17/18 IMO

Snowface
24-04-04, 09:52 AM
use LV.

insure it for a stnadard 1.4 SR and say u've got a few engine mods.

That will only cost 5% more than the standard price the mods thing.

When i rang them and told them i was getting a Weber 32/34 they said thats fine, no extra money needed. They only need to know if you change the engine.

-Bruce-
24-04-04, 10:36 AM
cheers snowface so what your saying is dont tell them the truth!!

will i got insured on my 205gti with CIS no questions asked, so i thought that a GTE would be the same.

Dpnova
24-04-04, 10:38 AM
If you dont mind me asking how much wa the insurance

Snowface
24-04-04, 10:38 AM
i'm telling you to tell them the truth. Its a 1.4sr with engine mods (carb, cam whatever) and they don't mind. They don't even stick your premium up.

Others on here will vouch for that.

-Bruce-
24-04-04, 10:47 AM
dpnova they said if u were 18 then they would quote about 2-3k, and im only 17!! that was just saying 1.4 with 40's and cam did not even say about cage buckets etc!! that was adrian flux btw

i will check it out snowface ok!!
cheers mate

Nath
24-04-04, 04:47 PM
hmm youve got no chance of insuring a gte at 17 lol they wont touch me on one till im 19. unless your rich. and then why would u want a nova?

Col_Mk1
24-04-04, 05:58 PM
whats lv number lol

Riggy
24-04-04, 07:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
0800 514 514

:D