PDA

View Full Version : Need your help...black or silver mesh

Jim
24-04-04, 12:49 AM
Hi guys,

I'm currently getting my car resprayed. The colour scheme is black &silver/grey throughout. I saw another post of someone getting different coloured mesh and thought I'd see how it looked. I wuite like, but don;t know if its too much black on the car. So, I need your help to decide what colour to go for.

Firstly, heres the silver, as it was

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Nova_silvermesh.jpg

and heres the black

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Nova_blackmesh.jpg

I think the black mores more aggesive, but don't know if it's too much, the silver breaks it up a little.

Cheers for your help

Jim

mikeoxford
24-04-04, 01:07 AM
my votes on black.

more agressive, looks more sublte and like it should be there.

silver mesh all over the place can sometimes look out of place.

before i get slated - it does look alright on the right car. IMO id paint it.

LMFAO - thisll get deleted or moved jim- styling - beware the admin boys will spank yo a$$ :wink:

definitely black......

Jim
24-04-04, 01:15 AM
LMFAO - thisll get deleted or moved jim- styling - beware the admin boys will spank yo a$$ :wink:

LOL, didnt even realise id posted it in general chat :oops: Sorry Admin, could someone move it to Styling for me please.

Cheers

Jim

DazK
24-04-04, 02:58 AM
Black! :mrgreen:

peester
24-04-04, 07:30 AM
its the first time ive seen a pic of youre car jim; im pretty sure. ive been on here since august too! black mate; same as me.

Jules
24-04-04, 09:35 AM
Black - Ever though about modding a Corsa / Zafira / Astra honeycombe plastic grill (Like the Irmscher ones you can get) rather than using plain old mesh? Would look mint.

Snowface
24-04-04, 09:55 AM
black looks a lot better, and faster :twisted:

Dpnova
24-04-04, 10:14 AM
Black

benji
24-04-04, 10:45 AM
i like the black one. the car looks mint. is the engine in yet?

Riggy
24-04-04, 11:04 AM
i voted silver , as you said jim it breaks it up a bit and imo all black is too much

ps car looks mint

-Bruce-
24-04-04, 11:10 AM
i would say black!! nice car though Jim

Jim
24-04-04, 11:14 AM
its the first time ive seen a pic of youre car jim; im pretty sure. ive been on here since august too! black mate; same as me.

It's been off the road since August last year. The picture above was one of thelast pictures of it. I think I'd just fitted the Ibiza splitter when I took the picture.

Black - Ever though about modding a Corsa / Zafira / Astra honeycombe plastic grill (Like the Irmscher ones you can get) rather than using plain old mesh? Would look mint.

I'm going to the scrapyard this morning so I'll have a look. The only grill I fancied getting was a Mk3 Astra Gsi grill, but never found one.

is the engine in yet?

Not yet, going to work on it tomorrow. Still waiting for the shell to come back from the bodyshop, which should hopefully be in a couple of weeks :)

Thanks for your comments guys.

Jim

so1o
24-04-04, 11:46 AM
I think this is the first time my reaction has been fu***n hell on seeing a nova. That looks awsome. I dont know what it is but that looks mint Jim, i understand its in the bodyshopgetting a rspray, what for???

Jim go for black, i dont know how to put this but more of a colour like silver needs a bit like black to break the colour up or becomes to much to swallow but black looks good with a black grill, does that make sense lol.

Black all the way!

Solo

epo
24-04-04, 01:08 PM
black deffo and car looks well nice

cooper_nova
24-04-04, 03:06 PM
i wud go for black too jim
:D

Jim
24-04-04, 03:20 PM
I think this is the first time my reaction has been fu***n hell on seeing a nova. That looks awsome. I dont know what it is but that looks mint Jim, i understand its in the bodyshopgetting a rspray, what for???

Did you not see it at Charles?

It's getting a full respray inside and out, aswell as the engine bay. new rear arches, yadda yadda yadda, lol, the works basically :)

Went and saw it today, he'd just put on a new front cross member and the engine bay was free of rust and looked like it was ready to be painted (or getting there anyway).

I'm hoping it'll all be done for PV, but it's going to be cutting it fine.

Cheers again guys. Think I'll be putting black mesh on :)

Jim

so1o
24-04-04, 04:16 PM
When i saw the car at Charles, the reaction was more what the fcuk :lol:

It was in pieces i think but seeing it complete or even when its finished its going to look mint, keep up the good work, might have to copy your colour lmao.

tom_beverley
24-04-04, 08:46 PM
jim ur car looks mint, go 4 black mate goes nicely with car n yea i agree that it makes it look more aggressive n i like it 8)

Riggy
25-04-04, 12:08 PM
own up then who else voted silver with me then :D

dan_mk1
25-04-04, 04:05 PM
go for black, car looks awsome, really aggressive!

Jim
27-04-04, 05:38 PM
Got the Black mesh last night. I'll be taking it to the bodyshop this weekend for him to fit :)

Cheers for your help guys.

Jim