PDA

View Full Version : cleaning products

mikeoxford
23-04-04, 11:09 PM
is there any mail order companies etc you can get cheap cleaning products for cars ?

dont want to wait till the shows - car will need cleaning before then :lol: and i cant wait until the car show day to buy auto glym polish etc because stands might not open early enough :lol:

found a hydra blade thing on ebay - although CJ said meguairs chamois was better.

im after autoglym - at show prices :twisted:

Jim
23-04-04, 11:11 PM
Just go to Halfords you cheap git :P

Jim

mikeoxford
23-04-04, 11:14 PM
Just go to Halfords you cheap git :P

Jim

:lol: ive found some stuff on ebay. didnt realise autoglym did such a big range....

what do i need to buy?

my car has only ever seen a quick hovering and some wash and wax :lol:

im assuming autoglym super resin polish? a hydra blade / chamois of some description....

glass polish? or can i use resin polish for glass.....

mikeoxford
23-04-04, 11:16 PM
extra gloss protection resin?

:? what the............ :|

mikeoxford
23-04-04, 11:38 PM
halfrauds:

on top of that i got to buy a sponge, chamois, or hydra blade.

halfrauds do a couple of sets, which save you a four or five pounds. might invest in one of those.

benji
23-04-04, 11:40 PM
i use autoglym. extra gloss polish, super resin polish, wheel cleaner, window polish and interior cleaner. on my tyres i use some stuff called wet and black which i think is a turtle wax product

nova---chris
23-04-04, 11:47 PM
Err wash the car??OOOOk!

Breeny
23-04-04, 11:51 PM
Use Meguiars... I use to use autoglym and thought it was amazing.. until I tried this stuff.. its the bollocks!

Go to http://www.cleanandshiney.co.uk

Can thoroughly recommend them, the guy who owns it is a friend of a friend, mention Breeny from Cruise South sent ya if you can :)

benji
24-04-04, 12:00 AM
i get discount on autoglym at my local parts shop, so it's not worth me swapping. unless i can persuade them to start stocking it

Breeny
24-04-04, 12:13 AM
Furry muff... but speaking as as a normal consumer I wouldn't go back to autoglym... lol

Meguiars shampoo smells soo nice aswell! (Not that it matters! :lol:)

benji
24-04-04, 12:20 AM
(Not that it matters! :lol:)

yeah it does

Jim
24-04-04, 12:52 AM
Furry muff... but speaking as as a normal consumer I wouldn't go back to autoglym... lol

Does it leave your hands soft too? LOL :lol:

I've just bought a kit for wheels called "Muck-Off". It comes with Alloy cleaner (that won't destroy your alloys like some cleaners), different sized brushes to get in between the spokes, sponges and a tyre gel.

Good stuff.

Jim

mikeoxford
24-04-04, 01:10 AM

what do i need to buy??? again - same as autoglym they stock lots of stuff!

i understand autoglym extra gloss, has a higher shinee factor than super resin etc....

benji
24-04-04, 10:38 AM
you only need to use extra gloss once or twice a year

epo
24-04-04, 01:38 PM
lol r lass used to use washin up liquid and a sponge\scourin pad 4 her car till she met me no i have to clean her car

but i always use autoglym stuff to

altho there some new stuff from the us called "mothers" and was rated very high in on of the mags

Jim
24-04-04, 03:22 PM
altho there some new stuff from the us called "mothers" and was rated very high in on of the mags

Never believe how mags rate stuff. It's all rated on how much the mag gets paid to say nice things about the product. Always go off someone else's experience.

Jim